IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comodo Cleaning Essentials

Sarakael

You couldn't pay me enough to install a Comodo product.

They have a long history of VERY buggy software. They are dishonest to their users and their software as gone so far to damage computers (read about CTM). I had to personally reformat my HDD due to this software. I later found they knew of the problems and they continue to lie about them.

Do a Google on Comodo and see the rage that exists for that company.

I would recommend you use Ccleaner.

Hi :mrgreen:

I'm testing the above mentioned product and it looks good to me.

Anyone with similar or negative experiences relating CCE ?

Just let me know.

TIA

Sarakael

It's a PIECE OF S**T :lol: i Dont reccomend it ....

Advanced SystemCare + Cclener = <3

All the best and cheers :smile:

hi

there Cleaning Essentials????

I do a lot of experimenting ,with different programs and let me warn you if you use say obit products should be plenty to do the job..installing other ,may not be a good idea?

also not a fan of Comodo products from the very first time thy came about I have had no luck with there software ,bar the OD fire wall that worked,if left alone and not tweaked. but as soon as you decide to block something the problems started..mind you that's in my case ,perhaps may not be in anyone else case..look try it out ,and see if it works for you,who knows you may get to fix the system,or it works.

the only major thing that may happen losing, of drive.or boot up,not a real problem?? so long as you have nothing you care about loss wise...

Mr Bean

Thanks for your comments

You couldn't pay me enough to install a Comodo product.

They have a long history of VERY buggy software. They are dishonest to their users and their software as gone so far to damage computers (read about CTM). I had to personally reformat my HDD due to this software. I later found they knew of the problems and they continue to lie about them.

Do a Google on Comodo and see the rage that exists for that company.

I would recommend you use Ccleaner.

Thanks for your comments.

This sounds a bit woolly to me (similar to the comments related to IObit's MBAM disaster).

I'll use it furthermore.

Thanks again for your opinions they're highly appretiated.

Have a nice week.

Sarakael

**Just have a look to Major Geeks, Chip.eu/.de etc. ...

thats a fair comment

and I agree with that!

myself are prepared to try anything out there if I think its of value

and if you feel it is enjoy the application..

you Know the risks involved with any soft ware that one Fancy's to try out

only thing I can tell you from experience with this crowd

I lost my drive completely every thing on it and not retrievable!

So long as you want to risk it then Enjoy the program let Me Know how you went with it..

I am not a fan of cleaning drives all the time Now and then is plenty ..and then carefully

just so any reader understands I have 5 full time systems and can afford to lose 1 that I experiment on..

also fully backed of drives 9 of them in ISO format ,and using mailcium reflect

that are on a external box....

So if you have that then play ,test any thing one fancies.

"their software as gone so far to damage computers"

I think that means loss of drive???

I can back this up Its happed 3 times to myself , also other soft ware

but be aware use there products do not run other type of the same..

I guarantee, you will lose the drive'(s) stand a 50% chance you will

at one point or a other..

Ccleaner.""" yes All I use and never yet a problem from the first to last issue

this is one of the safest to use...up to date.

Mr Bean

MY testing COMODO Cleaning Essentials

Well to be fair on myself, and give it the benefit it could work.. and test this program as usual I expected it .tho hoping thy improved..

but a bitter result..mind you may be Me Again? Just wiil not work for me...

any of there soft ware....

Pity as it looked nice..

Mr Bean

Oh should of posted the OS it was WIN 7- S-pack 1

Well to be fair on myself, and give it the benefit it could work.. and test this program as usual I expected it .tho hoping thy improved..

but a bitter result..mind you may be Me Again? Just wiil not work for me...

any of there soft ware....

Pity as it looked nice..

Mr Bean

Oh should of posted the OS it was WIN 7- S-pack 1

Hello :mrgreen:

A real pity that you've encountered such problems.:-(

After more than 20 scans and repairs I've to say - it works like a charme.

And please don't misunderstand my first post - it was a question for other opinions with a view to factual answers - it never was a recommendation.

Have a good time

Sarakael

*Win 7/64 fp

** In the matter of IMF >< you've to allow CCE processes >> otherwise a crash will follow

I'm testing the above mentioned product and it looks good to me.

Anyone with similar or negative experiences relating CCE ?

Just let me know.

TIA

Sarakael

I've tried it. I almost destroyed my Windows Installation. Mostly because I cleaned up to much, and I didn't know what I was doing.

It's much more advanced than ASC, so I'll stick with that program.

I've tried it. I almost destroyed my Windows Installation. Mostly because I cleaned up to much, and I didn't know what I was doing.

It's much more advanced than ASC, so I'll stick with that program.

You could say much more advanced or you could say much too complicated.

No software out of the box should allow you to damage your system.

That is how COMODO operates though. Their software looks great but they just do not work out very important bugs that cause major user headaches (computer damage). That's their history. That's why I will never (again) use any of their products.

In The Matter Of System Damages

You'll find reports of damages in every support forum - just browse through this one ... :wink:

Though I read about issues with Registry Fix, Smart Defrag, Game Booster, I still use IObit products.

Mostly there are various causes for a system damage.

Have a nice day

Sarakael

• 3 weeks later...

You'll find reports of damages in every support forum - just browse through this one ... :wink:

Though I read about issues with Registry Fix, Smart Defrag, Game Booster, I still use IObit products.

Mostly there are various causes for a system damage.

Have a nice day

Sarakael

thanks for the info bout the comodo... got few issues at first wen i use ASC i fix all the problem.. click it hoping it might fix bugs in may loppy.. got avast and mS and usb SECURiTY all activated yet .. a card reader full of worm and trojan.. destroy the securty haha got same logs allowed trojan cant find ways to delete it haha YET asc dont recognize it when scanning

thanks for the info bout the comodo... got few issues at first wen i use ASC i fix all the problem.. click it hoping it might fix bugs in may loppy.. got avast and mS and usb SECURiTY all activated yet .. a card reader full of worm and trojan.. destroy the securty haha got same logs allowed trojan cant find ways to delete it haha YET asc dont recognize it when scanning

??????...... Egypt ?????:lol:

• 1 year later...

Comodo cleaning essentials is NOT a system cleaner like ccleaner so any comparison is ridiculous.

It is used solely for removing stubborn malware infections.

Perhaps people here should actually learn what this program is and does before condemning it.

Thanks.:shock:

@Hi all!

CCleaner enhanced every day before running anything else... Ultra Defrag (open sourced,from SourceForge) during bootup and always defrag at the end of the session/day.ASC Ultimate6 Pro every 2-3 days. Ashampoo WinOptimiser 10 Pro about 2-3 times a week. Works :wink:

Check my profile!

-Cowboy

Oiy! Mate!

Comodo cleaning essentials is NOT a system cleaner like ccleaner so any comparison is ridiculous.

It is used solely for removing stubborn malware infections.

Perhaps people here should actually learn what this program is and does before condemning it.

Thanks.:shock:

Magician,IObit Malware Fighter 2.01 takes GOOD care of your ummm,issues totally.Give it a good spin,you will love it!

I have absolutely NO use for Comodo.There are so many excellent proggies (mine) that are so very much better mate...but to each their own. :lol:

-Cowboy

This is a bit off topic but relates to the use of Comodo products so I added it.

I made this post earlier today in another forum. I want to spread the word as much as possible.

I was a user of Rollback RX (RRX) for a few years and decided to try Comodo Time Machine (CTM). They promoted it as the next generation in system recovery, and it was free! What could be better?

As it turned out, everything.

I installed CTM on two of my home computers. The install went OK. The later uninstall destroyed the MBR of both computers. My only option was to re-install the OS and lose everything. I lost very important documents and pictures that were irreplaceable.

In a panic, I visited the Comodo forum. I was shocked to find far too many similar complaints (posts). Comodo always responded as if they had never heard of this before, said they would look into it, offered a few of the same solutions over and over that never worked, then nothing.

It became very clear to me that Comodo knew of the problem, covered it up, and continued to promote the software.

In my investigation, I learned that CTM is based on a very old version of RRX. How they got it is in dispute.

It appeared that Comodo attempted to modify this old code to make updates easier. I believe their inept coders broke the software causing the program to corrupt the MBR on computers. Once this happens, the computer will no longer boot.

I attempted to alert users of the problem in their forum. The problem is, users tend to visit forums once they already have a problem. It was too late by this time. Most users installed the program believing the marketing BS that Comodo promoted.

Comodo finally banned me from their forums.

As far as I can tell, Comodo continues to offer this program knowing how dangerous it is. Their inept code writing is matched only by their willingness to knowingly distribute dangerous software.

Even if CTM is no longer available, I would never install any software from this company nor should anyone else IMO.

I am writing this to alert users of how unethical Comodo is. Their forums would not allow me to do that.

I would recommend no one use the products of any company that would go as far as they did to knowingly distribute destructive software and lie about its safety.

Guest Guest

Comodo is useless. It messes up certain games on Steam when you try to run it. Kaspersky is and has always done the job for me.

PCMAG.COM The Best Antivirus for 2013

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372370,00.asp

Comodo Cleaning Essentials 6

4.0 stars EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT

PROS

No installation required. Cleanup not balked by malware. Good detection rate. Free!

CONS

Didn't thoroughly clean up found malware. Less effective against rootkits. No realtime protection.

BOTTOM LINE

Call on Comodo Cleaning Essentials 6 when pre-existing malware keeps you from installing or running a full-scale security product, especially another Comodo product. However, Malwarebytes remains our Editors' Choice for free cleanup-only antivirus.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70

4.5 stars EDITOR RATING: EXCELLENT EDITOR’S CHOICE

PROS

Scored better than all free or commercial competition in my malware removal test. No problems at all with installation. Extremely quick installation. No problems at all with cleaning up malware. Corrects malicious changes to Windows settings.

CONS

No real-time protection against attack.

BOTTOM LINE

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70 is probably the best-known free removal-only antivirus tool. Even tech support agents for other companies use it. In my own testing it beat out all free and commercial competition, quickly and without any fuss.

Archived