IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

If you wish to continue to get the MS updates for XP untill April 2019! Unless MS blocks the hack!!! !

Hi All, http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon4.gif

As long as you know how to take an Image or Full Backup of your OS (Restore your System) and brave enough, you can keep your XP getting updates from MS.

Certainly, it depends to your XP type and configuration (.NET Framework 3.5 and above installation needed for POSReady2009.) of your OS and you should USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Mainstream support for Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 is ended in April 2014 and extended support ends in April 2019

Download the attached POSReady2009_Updates_for XP.txt file and change the .txt extension as .reg and double click on it, that's it.

This registry change will bypass the XP OS version control and you will see the current updates when you try Windows Update in XP (Even Automatic Windows Updates work!).

The registry change will stay there as long as you don't delete it.

My suggestion is to check each update in MS site to control the compatibility and if any problem exists for updating XP.

You can find the necessary information in MS related Communities which may be linked in the MS info page.

Personally, I have installed all the shown May 2014 updates for POSReady2009 to my XP Professional without any problems.

I believe, there is a need to change a habit of mine for XP, as I used to clear all Windows Updates uninstallers and installers by CCleaner and Dial-a-fix , of which I will not do anymore for my testbed.

Good luck!

Cheers.

NOTE:

This post is intended for the XP users who can not yet afford to change their Windows XP OS with a higher OS edition and wants to be protected from hackers.

• 3 weeks later...

A program for the function!

Now, it is available as a program!?!?!?

XP Update Extender 1.0.0.0 can be downloaded from Major Geeks.

I haven't used it, but it seems that it is the same modification to the Registry.

BTW, June updates for POSReady2009 were fine on my XP by using the trick I have mentioned in the first post.

@rourkem,

I assume your PCs use XP but not POSReady2009.

It will be great info to our forum members if you share your results when you apply it to your XP PCs.

Especially, if there is a problem with any of them.

Anyway, I am glad that the info was useful to you.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Thank you!

I just installed it today, no problems as yet

I will get back to you if I notice any problems related to this installation.

I bow to your compassion!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Now, it is available as a program!?!?!?

XP Update Extender 1.0.0.0 can be downloaded from Major Geeks.

I haven't used it, but it seems that it is the same modification to the Registry.

BTW, June updates for POSReady2009 were fine on my XP by using the trick I have mentioned in the first post.

@rourkem,

I assume your PCs use XP but not POSReady2009.

It will be great info to our forum members if you share your results when you apply it to your XP PCs.

Especially, if there is a problem with any of them.

Anyway, I am glad that the info was useful to you.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Hi Scannan,

I have updated my VAIO with XP Pro sp3 on May, June, July, and August with standard Windows Update with the registry changed (the program I mentioned does the same thing) as I have posted and everything is fine without any problems.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived