This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mel,

Can you tell me why it is an unrealistic hope that IObit would develop their Uninstaller so that it can do (for their own software) at least that which (I assume) BitRemover did in its heyday? Surely IObit could if they wanted to, and if they don't want to, then, I wonder why.

Originally posted by Melvin_Deal
    It is fair and accurate to say that BitRemover is no longer effective in removing all the remnants of modern Iobit softwares. There have been some changes in the Iobit softwares recently that BitRemover won't see... it will still remove some bits as many have not changed.
    Then perhaps another cleaner ought now to be recommended, rather than BitRemover, whenever suggesting to users to use a third party tool to completely remove IObit software left-overs (regarding the "Clean Install concept Clean Install").

regards,
    Laurence

Comment

It is not an unrealistic hope Laurence.

It is a reflection of the behaviors of most all software providers. Understand that the guidelines were written years ago reflecting things that were relevent then. Most of the knowledge is pertinent still and some is not(bitremover maybe). The fact is that no other volunteers have stepped in to keep it current.

It is also to be said that within the threads the solution can be found for a truly clean install... and if you wish I can recommend a way to remove the bits and pieces.

You are a knowledgeble member here... and your feedback on this is most appreciated!:grin:
      Originally posted by LaurenceJ View Post
      Hi Mel,

Can you tell me why it is an unrealistic hope that IObit would develop their Uninstaller so that it can do (for their own software) at least that which (I assume) BitRemover did in its heyday? Surely IObit could if they wanted to, and if they don't want to, then, I wonder why.

Then perhaps another cleaner ought now to be recommended, rather than BitRemover, whenever suggesting to users to use a third party tool to completely remove IObit software left-overs (regarding the "Clean Install concept Clean Install").

regards,
      Laurence

Sincerely,
      -Mel
      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Working...
      X