Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JavaRA Screenshots

Here are some screenshots of JavaRA in case they are of assistance to anyone:

• JavaRa cleans redundant versions of JRE (via the button 'Remove Older Versions')
    • Click Remove Older Versions
    • After the search for Older Versions is complete click OK to read the logfile:

The log file looks something like this:

• JavaRa cleans useless leftovers of JRE (via the button 'Additional Tasks' > 'Remove Useless JRE Files')
    • Click Additional Tasks
    • Select (tick) the tasks you want done
    • Click Go

If you select Open JavaRA Logfile then after the Additional Tasks are completed you will be presented with the logfile which looks something like this:

All the best, woz of oz
    Attached Files
    FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first
    Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory

Comment

@wozofoz: Thanks. That's a very informative reply for every user.

Comment

Originally posted by fredvries View Post
        @ enoskype: JavaRa does both:
        • JavaRa cleans redundant versions of JRE (via the button 'Remove Older Versions')
        • JavaRa cleans useless leftovers of JRE (via the button 'Additional Tasks' > 'Remove Useless JRE Files')

Yes Fred,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but JavaRa does not uninstall the existing last version on the PC.

As far as I understand, itsmejjj asked to uninstall the existing Java.

Cheers.
        enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
          Hi itsmejjj,

You have to use JavaRa to get rid of the clutter of Java.
          Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall the Java, then use JavaRa.

Do you read other threads and posts itsmejjj?:-P all the time...

Cheers.
          (As far as I understand, itsmejjj asked to uninstall the existing Java.) yes this is what i want to know..

i try hard to follow a thread not always understanding you just answered half my ask.(thanks)

my ask is, need to rid it

completely ..the one inbuilt my MS is what i am asking about..before i install
          a new one .i do not want any left behind from the older program..
          and the 2nd thing is will this uninstall any new ones as well?
          lets asume i install the latest one ,then decide i do not want it ..is what i ask..itsmejjj

wozofoz thanks for your work on this..
          Last edited by itsmejjj; Jan. 16th, 2010, 17:58.

Comment

Hi itsmejjj,

To completely get rid of it:

1) Uninstall the most recent with Add or Remove from Control Panel.

2) Use JavaRa, to get rid of all the leftovers.

3) JavaRa will not uninstall the most recent installed Java in your PC.

after the above procedure, I would install the most recent Java 1.6.0_18, and then use JavaRa again to clean if there is any leftover.

I hope it is clear now.:smile:

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Think JJJ means to keep?

I think JJJ wants to keep his newest old version in storage, but remove the remnants of the other old versions. Then get the newest and try it.

If he doesn't like it, then he will have the option of reverting back to the newest old version as it will be in storage,

Don't think he wants to completely be rid of all the old versions and their remnants right away until he evaluates the newest version. Only to be rid of all the previous versions and their remnants, with the exception of his newest old version which he is still running, as he has not yet gotten the newest version.

Not sure if this helps or not!!!

Comment

Old Java Versions

The site OldApps @ www.oldapps.com/java.php has old Java versions for download.
                I would check that the dowload works first :wink:
                Note: I don't know how far back in versions you can go and still have Java run properly.
                I'm sure Fred is the best person for this info :smile:

So jjj, you could:
                • Download the latest version Java 1.6.0_18
                • Downlad the old version that is on your computer now from OldApps
                • Go to Add and Remove Programs and un-install Java from your computer
                • Run JavaRA to clean up any leftovers
                • Do any other cleanups you would normally do after un-installing software (Registry clean etc)
                • Install the latest version Java 1.6.0_18
                • Run JavaRA to clean up any unnecessary stuff
                • Test Java 1.6.0_18

If for some reason you wanted to go back to the old version (I can't think why you would, but...)
                • Go to Add and Remove Programs and un-install Java from your computer
                • Run JavaRA to clean up any leftovers
                • Do any other cleanups you would normally do after un-installing software (Registry clean etc)
                • Install the old version you downloaded from OldApps
                • Run JavaRA to clean up any unnecessary stuff

All the best, woz of oz
                FORUM USAGE GUIDELINES - Read this first
                Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory

Comment

I am lost guys, :lol:

But, wozofoz, you have described the options in detail, so jjj could use any of those he wishes. :smile:

Cheers.
                  enoskype

Comment

first of all thank you all for the help-beautifully .posted and understand what options i have now, Melvin_Deal yes ,that is what i want to do ...

wozofoz i have copied this to my store drive ,for reference and thank you.

enoskype thank you also .

you are truly nice people.who give there time and help fellow members.

itsmejjj

Comment

Working...
                    X