IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My Files Disappeared!

Running in 'Free To Try' mode. Have 7 files in Protected Folder. Till today, program has been running correctly: no problems w/ password, lock, unlock. I had 7 trials left when I started today.

Today I tried to unlock all 7 files at once: lit them all up and hit Unlock. The 7 files disappeared. I get a screen that says: 'File Path (Total 0 Item )' and 'Please drag and drop files/folders here or click "Add" button!'

I exited the program and did a Win7 search on the name of one of the files. No hit. Then restarted the program OK (6 trials left) but the files are still gone.

What happened to them? Where did they go? Are they permanently lost?

Any suggestions, Help, pointer to a solution appreciated.

I found them back in the Test folder (weren't there earlier) and unlocked. Test folder still shows the Lock icon on it. Also, I was able to find them on a Search this time.

I had to re-ADD them to Protected folder, Lock and Exit, and now they are invisible again in Test folder.

Can't figure out why they weren't visible on Search after the first unlock. Puzzling...

• 4 weeks later...

Files transfered from a USB Drive- Not recovered

Hi everyone,

This is what happened with my files. The files that were moved into vault from "C" drive are fine. Every file that I unlocked that were moved directly from my USB drive to locker were not able to be recovered.

Anyone else had this problem? or a solution?

Thanks

Warm regards,

Kimberlinae1 :cry:

Hello Kimberlinae1,

We have tested that the locked files from a USB driver can be recovered once unlocked.

Could you please let us know the detailed steps that you tried to lock, unlock and recover? We will look into the issue further. :razz:

Where did it go?

I had a folder on my desktop with a number of files in it including Protected Folder and I right clicked on the folder then clicked "Lock by Protected Folder." I thought this would just make it so I have to enter my password to open the folder, but the folder completely disappeared from my desktop and I am not able to find it searching with Windows 7. Does anyone know how to get this folder back?

Hi slba34g, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Please open :

C:\Program Files\IObit\Protected Folder folder and double click ProtectedFolder.exe to open Protected Folder program.

After entering your password, you will see that folder inside PF you are looking for.

Take it out of protection, so you will see it on your desktop.

Cheers.

Hi slba34g,

There is an option in Protected Folder to hide the files you protected. If you would like the files to be still visible after protected, please click the Options button at the top right corner of Protected Folder and then turn off the Hide option. :-P

Archived