IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Few Question's

RobbHeb

First off this is my first post here so i'd like to start off by saying your programs(as in all of them) are among my favorite tools i keep on hand. I have not used any other defrag utility since i came across smart defrag way back. It's not just the functionality of your programs but the simplicity, and for me, the visual aspect, lol, your programs work as great as the look! Keep up the awesome work!

My questions are about Protected Folder, which are basically follow-ups to the other threads i've been reading on here:

1: Has it been fixed to maintain protection in safe mode?

2: Has the bug(if it was not user error) that causes a previously(currently) locked file to be unlocked upon start up or for no reason been resolved?

3: Unlocking multiple files at once caused them to disappear, fixed?

4: Password no longer working, fixed?

5: Is there portability(usb, uninstall and reinstall?)

I had a few more but i don't want to seem to pesky. I am in no way trying to be a jerk or put down the program, i'm just trying to get a sense of how well it works, a trial version with 20 test runs doesnt really give me feel for it.

No program is perfect, and every program has bugs, i'm not looking for a super secure program. I got a few of those questions from reading through the forum so it may not have even been a problem with the program.

If these questions were in fact answered somewhere and i missed it my apologies.

Anyway, any insight into this(preferably soon) would be much appreciated as i would like to buy it now.

Hello RobbHeb,

Welcome to IObit Forum.

As for your questions about Protected Folder, please refer to the information below:

1: We are sorry that the Protected Folder cannot work in Safe Mode

2: For your questions from 2-4: Have you ever reported these issues to us? Please clean install the latest Protected Folder v1.1 to see if the issues are still there. If yes, please post back with detailed information of the issues. Such as what kind of protections you choose for the files. Hide, Deny Read Access, or Deny Write Access?

3: As the Protected Folder must be locked with password, it cannot be made as portable version.

Thanks for the welcomes and replies.

Im not having any problems with it as i only just downloaded it and loaded it up once. The questions i asked were from reading the other threads in this forum that contained no information about weither the issue was resolved or not.

I will prob buy it reguardless as i love all of your other programs.

Archived