IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

problem with the antivirus..!!

b5d

hi

i used password folder to protect my files and everything is right

until i scanned my computer for viruses. the antivirus program detected some files as virus , and it ask my if i want to clean the ,computer i click yes .

then when i run password folder it show massage that say

"c\pic.jpg was not found"

also i notice my hidden files back ,but with other File Format.

like that "pic.ren"

what should i do to have my files back ??

i really need them

Hi b5d... welcome to the Iobit forums!

Was it your bitdefender (From you member profile, in your User CP) you scanned with that detected the infected files? If so it detected some of your images as infections... and they may carry infection... are you sure that you want them back? Were they files that you downloaded or were they images you inserted into the machine via an external medium?

As it is the software that you scanned with(bitdefender) that altered the files and possibly moved them, try going back into bitdefender and removing them from quarantine. (I have never run bitdefender so cannot advise precisely how to do this).

Also, what location are the altered files now in if you right click on them and select properties?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prospeer!

thx for the reply

i finally get my files back ..

first i tried to run them but there is no program to run ".ren" format

so i just change the ".ren" to the original file format by rename the file ,

and it worked .

Archived