IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit "Protected" Folder does not protect

bek

I have just downloaded and checked IObit Protected Folder 1.2.0 on Windows XP Pro (x32), Windows 7 Pro (x32) and Windows 8 Pro (x64).

Actually, it does not protect from anything serious:

everything is completely visible and accessible for viruses, remote computers, boot CDs, other operation systems and file manager applications (e.g. Captain Nemo Pro < Link Removed > ).

Do you expect to create a newer version which really protects/makes invisible files and folders in close future?

Edit: Advertising links are not allowed, Banning offence.

Hi bek

Welcome. I do not use protected folder so I cannot comment directly on your issues. However if you look at this thread, it would seem to indicate that it must be performing some level of protection, when you see that the users themselves are unable to access their folders if they forget their passwords.

• 2 months later...

Unprotected files

Hey bek,

Could you post some screenshots of the files in Protected Folder being visible while they are supposedly locked up, and maybe explain how you were able to see those files, and what techniques you used to make them visible?

Archived