IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

HELP! Used Protected Folder and now my computer is unusable

markseb

HI. Unfortunately I used this program without much knowledge. I removed from the exclusion list my main "user" folder, and then proceeded to protect that folder. Now most of my important programs (email, chrome, etc) will not work properly. I uninstalled the program - didn't solve issue. I try to unprotect folders, doesn't work. The program has very little user interface for removing folder/file restrictions. Whatever I try to do the padlock icon over the top of my files will not go away.

How do I remove all file restrictions that this program has put on my files/folders. I am a bit annoyed that you can so easily cause so much damage to a computer system with this program without the ability to easily rectify it, or the appropriate warnings about what may happen.

I do not understand when adding the parent folder and telling the program to unlock and remove all restrictions it has not solved the problem

Thanks

markseb.

You should be annoyed at yourself. not the program. The program did what you requested. As you have stated, you used the program without much knowledge, so I hope in future you will familiarise yourself with programs before using them.

You should boot your system in safe mode and you will probably be able to correct the issue. See this post, which is a similar issue and may assist you in solving your issue.

I cannot see anything in my post which says or even insinuates such a thing. If you do not wish to try my suggestion to solve your issue, then that is your choice. It appears that you are more concerned with badmouthing the program than you are about fixing your problem.

Archived