IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IOBit Password Folder 1.0 Beta 1

sunny staines

http://www.majorgeeks.com/IOBit_Password_Folder_d6658.html

Password Folder is freeware designed to password-protect your folders and files from being seen, read or modified. It works like a safety box, just drag and drop the folders or files you want to hide or protect into Password Folder, then no one can see, read or modify them. Whether you are concerned with privacy, data theft, data loss, or data leaks, Password Folder is an ideal tool for you.

Key Benefits

Hide from View

Hide folders, files, pictures & videos from those who want to investigate and search for certain files on your computer. No one can see them except you.

Block Access

Easily block access to files, folders, and programs you choose. You can password protect folder and its files then others can see it but cannot access, read or view its content.

Write Protection

Protect your files from being modified by others. No one can change the content of your files without your permission. Keep your files safe and intact.

Privacy Protection

Keep your private data, files, pictures or videos into Password Folder, the only way to access these files is with your password.

No more Data theft, Data loss, or Data leaks

Protect your important files or data from being accidentally deleted, replaced, or stolen by others.

Safe, Secure, and Free

Password Folder is a freeware, without any virus, adware, and spyware

Thanks for the heads up sunny staines.

I have moved your thread to this new section.

Everybody,

Please continue the discussions in this section and give feedback in Send Your Feedback for Password Folder Beta thread.

There is a note by me in IOBit Password Folder 1.0 Beta 1 is RELEASED! thread, please read it.

Thank you and cheers.

EDIT: The note mentioned above have been edited, please read again.

Read Files within Password Protect

Unless I did something wrong, I cannot read the files within the Password Protect Folder. It would be nice to have certain files in this protected folder that you can access and read, such as passwords for all my accounts and websites. Currently I have them in a Word document with a password. I do have scans saved as jpg that I would like to password protect as well.

BSOD because of Password Folder Beta 1 in Windows7 Professional.

Hi IObit Team,

Unfortunately Password Folder Beta 1 caused multiple BSODs on my Windows7 Professional. (There is Virtual XP Pro installed in it).

First glitch was when I closed the program after putting 2 language files and a folder with images in it, closed the program and restarted again, there was a note that another instance was running. When the info window is closed, there was another window about the driver was not installed correctly and Windows should be re started.

There were consecutive 3 BSODs after restarts.

The BlueScreenView program images of 3 BSODs are attached.

After uninstalling Password Folder Beta 1 in Safe Mode, the restart was normal.

I will give the result in XP sp3 Pro in a different laptop later.

Cheers.

Hi IObit Team,

Unfortunately Password Folder Beta 1 caused multiple BSODs on my Windows7 Professional. (There is Virtual XP Pro installed in it).

First glitch was when I closed the program after putting 2 language files and a folder with images in it, closed the program and restarted again, there was a note that another instance was running. When the info window is closed, there was another window about the driver was not installed correctly and Windows should be re started.

There were consecutive 3 BSODs after restarts.

The BlueScreenView program images of 3 BSODs are attached.

After uninstalling Password Folder Beta 1 in Safe Mode, the restart was normal.

I will give the result in XP sp3 Pro in a different laptop later.

Cheers.

Dear enoskype,

Thank you for your feedback and so sorry for the BSOD issue.

Would you please send the three .dmp files to us?

Either attach here or send to support@iobit.com is OK.

Thank you in advance.

After installing Password Folder, I selected a folder to try out the new app. After locking the folder I found that Every single program on my computer was locked including all desktop icons.

Even the Password Folder app was locked out, I had to reboot and do a restore to get my computer back, after uninstalling PF I found that it had corrupted AdvancedSystemCare Pro as well, which had to be reinstalled.

I also found that if my entire computer wasn't locked down, PF would lock the entire drive that a folder was in that had been selected for protection.

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate with SP 1.v721

Perhaps I'm not understanding its usage correctly. I will wait for further information before I try using the application again.

Thanks

Phalin

Hi sunny

I think that is a wise decision!

After all it saves/hides very sensitive information/it is a beta version.

At least for the most curious and inexperienced - first save all your codewords to a secure location on a piece of paper in a secret place - also the codeword(s) for the application you want to test this beta version of.

This to be sure you have them if something goes wrong.

Cheers

solbjerg

downloaded but not tried it yet, think i will hold that off for a little while.

After installing Password Folder, I selected a folder to try out the new app. After locking the folder I found that Every single program on my computer was locked including all desktop icons.

Even the Password Folder app was locked out, I had to reboot and do a restore to get my computer back, after uninstalling PF I found that it had corrupted AdvancedSystemCare Pro as well, which had to be reinstalled.

I also found that if my entire computer wasn't locked down, PF would lock the entire drive that a folder was in that had been selected for protection.

Perhaps I'm not understanding its usage correctly. I will wait for further information before I try using the application again.

Thanks

Phalin

Hi Phalin,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you please tell us which folder (The full path of the folder) you selected to be protected.

Thank you in advance and look forward your reply.

hi, this is the program i been looking for. thank you.

but I have a few questions about the programs.

1.what will happen to the folders if I accidentally uninstalled the program without having the folders unlocked?will the folders be erased off along with the program?

2. what will happen to the folders where is locked in another harddisk (non c:) if i reformatted the c: harddisk ( program is installed in c disk but having some folders locked in other harddisks) without remebering to unlock the folders? will the folders be gone? or do i have to install the program again to unlock those folders? but will the same old password remained the same

or after uninstalled the program the folders will appear visible themselves again?

3.will you recommend us to install the program in a non c: harddisk so we can avoid those accidents I mentioned above?

4. if we forgot the passwords, what should we do?

those are my concerns about the progam. hope you can answer them

thanks!

Hi guys,

I have tried IObit Password Folder Beta 1 in XP sp3 Pro in a different laptop (meaning not the Virtual XP Pro embedded in Windows 7), and it works as intended without a glitch.

Cheers.

Have you boot with a cd different OS, and see if they are encrypted? Meaning by that can't see the files or access them?

Mr bean

Hi everyone.

Not meant as to insult the application.

Please take note here : tested with 5 boot up 3 different OSs to gain entry to the protected files.

Well, I would not want this to use it on my systems just yet.

Needs to be fixed.

1 install 100%

Run it 100%

Password it yes works 100%

Now reboot use an other OD duel system, and its useless.

Boot from a CD, its useless.

Now open it, yes works asking for a password if using the same installed OS where it resides.

Lock it after opening fails to hide any thing, needs a reboot to lock the files again and checked again (tick). If you forget that than you need to start all over adding the directory then check it reboot to lock.

Please note:

If you are trusting this to hide (lock) a directory files, think again, it should do just that.

After unlocking, you need to tick the said directory to re-hide it then after booting yes.

So, if you leave the PC, say at an office and close the files, LOCK the system needs rebooting or they stay open.

Some one boots with a flash drive its useless. Hide stuff all.

Home use? Yes, OK if you have 1 OS and remember to add, check the files OK.

Say your brother or father uses this with a booting CD, flash or other media booting the system, well may as well not bothered.

Mr Bean

I do hope this is understood as meaning well and not destroy any confidence in the program.

Password Folder is freeware designed to password-protect your folders and files from being seen, read or modified. It works like a safety box, just drag and drop the folders or files you want to hide or protect into Password Folder, then no one can see, read or modify them. Whether you are concerned with privacy, data theft, data loss, or data leaks, Password Folder is an ideal tool for you.

Key Benefits, (None), sorry IObit I tested this 2 hours and just no where near the claims that are posted at the download site.

Hide from View:

Hide folders, files, pictures & videos from those who want to investigate and search for certain files on your computer. No one can see them except you.

Sorry not correct ,only when using the same OS yes, but must leave it locked.

Block Access:

Easily block access to files, folders, and programs you choose. You can password protect folder and its files then others can see it but cannot access, read or view its content.

Sorry again easily accessed by any one, using a boot media.

Write Protection:

Protect your files from being modified by others. No one can change the content of your files without your permission. Keep your files safe and intact.

Wrong again.

Privacy Protection:

Keep your private data, files, pictures or videos into Password Folder, the only way to access these files is with your password.

Wrong again.

No more Data theft, Data loss, or Data leaks:

Protect your important files or data from being accidentally deleted, replaced, or stolen by others.

This is also incorrect. 1 boot up with a flash drive your in sweet as Nelly!!

Safe, Secure:

No, sorry got this wrong also easy got at.

Password Folder is a freeware, without any virus, adware, and spyware:

YES this is correct!!!

Mr bean

OK, I hope this will not get me into any back lash ?

I tested this very carefully.

As IObit wanted feed back I done so as a member helping, not knocking to Application

Please consider with drawing it until its fixed thank you in advance.

Mr Bean

Mr Bean, that's OK, infact that's what is wanted from the Beta testers.

Don't forget that it is the first Beta.

I am sure that IObit is going to take into consideration what you have found.

BTW, I don't think IObit is going to release a paid application without solving those glitches.

Where did you read the freeware part Mr Bean?

Please read the EDIT: in IOBit Password Folder 1.0 Beta 1 is released! thread and correct your freeware part.

Cheers.

Although it is said that it is -freeware [DELETED]- in the above paragraph and in the quote, License: Shareware is seen at Majorgeeks website.

Just my assumption when I downloaded it.

Thank you for understanding, I know the posts looks as if they are angry posts, but this is not the case. I did recheck this trying different OS builds, came up the same.

I do certainly agree Beta programs need testing and withstand the findings good and bad, I like the idea behind this program.

But, its only half a program, and should of perhaps been held back ? And, should have been a bit better than this.

IObit get this right, and hope they will. I would pay for it not a problem.

Mr Bean

And, should have been a bit better than this.

IObit get this right, and hope they will. I would pay for it not a problem.

Mr Bean

Please elaborate what should be better than this, so IObit can make the progress in that direction if they agree with your suggestions.

That way, perhaps you will be more willing to pay.:lol:

Cheers.:grin:

OK, give me abit of time to play with it some more.

A few ideas were already in my findings that I was thinking would or rather should be there as I used the program, but did not want to post them.

Because you asked, yes let me put few ideas to the forum and IObit company.

Now dear sir will you scold me ? As to what I think...

Mr Bean

• 3 weeks later...

Password Folder - PC Crash/Advanced System Care Corrupted!

Thanks

Phalin

Yeah, I seem to have had a similiar problem with IObit's Password Folder - Beta version.

Since installing and using it, my PC (XP Home version, Service Pack 3) has started 'crashing' and my Advanced System Care (Pro version) interface/control panel has become a garbled 'mashup' and the program itself is now unusable! Various malfunctions of my mouse/keyboard as well!

I am about to uninstall password folder, and I will have to uninstall/re-install my 'Advanced System Care Pro' program by the looks of it as well.

Therefore I would certainly NOT recommend using the 'Password Folder' application to anyone just yet.

LOL...I was warned to stay away from BETA versions by a friend (I quote: "Beta is Bad") and I wish I had listened.

Oh Well...:oops:

We live and learn.

Hello Someonehelpmeout&SHYTheWOLF,

For solving your concern, we work out an small tool to resolve this problem. Please try below steps.

1, Please run your computer in Safe Mode with Network.

2, Download the tool from below link

http://wikisend.com/download/537488/PFTool.exe

3, Please run PFTool.exe and follow the instructions in PFTool.exe to finish the process.

:-P

Hello the team of IObit,

I wish there was more flexibility in the launch of this product because with the upcoming release of IObit Advanced SystemCare4 and Malware fighter, many translations would be accumulated, then please ask IObit, soon BETA2 version of this release, there are files for translation .

Very grateful to IObit:)

Thanks

Phalin

I am using W7 Home Premium X64.

The same thing happened to me when I added a small text file to the lock box through the "Add" feature in Password Folder.

I had to boot in the Safe Mode to get access to my Desktop.

I then uninstalled Password Folder.

During the uninstall Password Folder required that I enter the password to uninstall. I can understand this because if a password was not required to uninstall it then anyone who could get to your desktop could uninstall Password Folder which would not be good. After entering the password the uninstall finished successfully.

Everything on my computer became fully accessible after the uninstall.

I will keep watching the forum for update posts on Password Folder. Hopefully this problem will be resolved because the concept is great and the use of the program is very straight forward.;-)

Archived