IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Mr Bean : My ideas about Password Folder

Mr Bean

Dear members,

Here is my first post of what I think may improve the program.

Please, its just my idea only, and been asked to post them.

So lets start of ..

Next, I will try my best to explain problems with failing to hide the files and the ease of accessing them when so called they are locked and hidden.

Mr Bean

Note: Let me finish before any comment's are made so we can keep the theme.

This is not a debate on the program. Thank you for your understanding.

As was pionted out, when opening the program, password is fine.

Then adding a file is fine to the locker.

Problem 1:

The file dissapears if say left clicking to view the file in the program, that is when it is unlocked.

Instead, it is removing them (glitch)

Problem 2:

Files are not hidden if viewing the drives folders.

The selected protected file, or folders are clearly visable.

Close the program then re-open, nothing's there if you happen to click on one or all.

One must add the file agian to the locker, lock, close the program, and reboot to renable the same file (that one you had in the locker and viewed) replaced it agian.

If we accept this, yes as the idea I think is while your are using the program it would not matter if they are open and you are using the system, as shuting down the system would lock the files from view and lock them, provied they were not removed.

Now if you used it the program password locker, say in an enviroment of an office, this may not be practicable, as the siad file are on display if the system is unattended by you, and can be stolen, copied or even deleted by any one.

So 2 problems need addressing for the files locked when the program is closed.

No reboot needed, plus hidden when the program is closed by you and not needed to reboot the system.

The left Click (mouse botton when wanting to view a file dissapears) needs addressing.

Mr bean.

Next, files are still accessable by any one on a system where the program is installed.

Suggestion:

The files protected when viewing or locking should stay there in the menu.

Using either method to view or lock.

NOTE:

The View option is not working. The Lock option by left clicking files disappear.

Mr Bean

Hi,

Your 4th image from first post about left clicking.

When I left click, it checks the box. It does not disappear.

I see that all of your files are Folders, that is why you can not use the Open File Folder. Because it is currently Protected.

If you turn off Hide and Deny Read Access, you will be able to Open the file folder =)

Cheers.

(Your 4th image from first post about left clicking.

When I left click, it checks the box. It does not disappear.)

Single files are added.

Yes correct, I just checked this.

(I see that all of your files are Folders.that is why you can not use the Open the File Folder. Because it is currently Protected.)

Thank you for clearing this one up.

So that is the reason of the disappearing files when added and locked when left clicking on folders.

That clears that.

Now the meaning of if I lock a directory cannot view it from the IObit program.

But I can still see it and access it via hard drive using explorer or a similar program AND DO WHAT I LIKE.

That clears this up..

So its really not for directory hiding (full folders)? But singular files only?

Many Many thanks,

Mr Bean

Hi all,

I have played around with this application and its full of bugs AND needs attention.

I use a free version almost the same as this one exept the icons and menu that are different.

It has the folder option and a hide file option.

List of what it can do:

1 hide folder

2 hide files

3 Un-hide

4 set to hide

5 change password

6 remove

7 refresh.

and left click not a problem now this works 100%

So, what I am trying to get "across" is IObit's program is not doing this, and I would like to use it if fixed.

Mr Bean

Hi Mr Bean

"So, what I am trying to get "across" is IObit's program is not doing this, and I would like to use it if fixed."

Not doing what? (can't read your screenshot)

Magic_Hunter gave you an explanation on something you had not understood.

Is your post to be understood as a call for help on how to use the application?

I haven't tested it yet and therefore cannot write any guide on how to use it.

Would you please describe in a more verbose way what sort of playing around you are doing - are you beta-testing the application or just playing around?

I would like to understand what you are saying and what you want to accomplish.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all,

I have played around with this application and its full of bugs AND needs attention.

I use a free version almost the same as this one exept the icons and menu that are different.

It has the folder option and a hide file option.

List of what it can do:

1 hide folder

2 hide files

3 Un-hide

4 set to hide

5 change password

6 remove

7 refresh.

and left click not a problem now this works 100%

So, what I am trying to get "across" is IObit's program is not doing this, and I would like to use it if fixed.

Mr Bean

are you beta-testing the application or just playing around?

Both, please bare with me.

The program will hide files yes, so long as it is only installed on the same system!

Note:

Dual system. This includes flash and or any booting media.

Files or folders will be accessible and not hidden by booting as mentioned .

The one I am using at the moment will no matter what media is used stay hidden, hiding files and folders, not visible to any Media!

(Why you can not use the Open File Folder? Because it is currently protected.)

Wrong, sorry but they can using the program I am using)

NOTE

Full folders and or files IObit will hide both, but not allow viewing within the program of IObits folder hide, or add single files from within the program via drive method from the menu they use the drop in box method SINGLE FILES ONLY from the MAIN screen.

This program I am using, will by left clicking on the files and or folders in the menu and not disappear from it, given the option to be unhidden,or hide or view or refresh.

(Folders and files irrespective of whether the drive is accessed in another operating system on the same computer or reinstalled on another computer. The data will remain hidden for other programs on the PC as well. IObit program can't do this for now.)

Closing.

Hidden or unhidden stay in the menu until its removed by the user folders and or files and keep them hidden from any booting Media on the drive where it is hidden.

IObit fails to hide the files or folders. The one I am using at the moment will.

This any better explained?

MR BEAN

The program I am using at the moment and have been usig it for 7 months is as follows.

Hide folder and files on local partitions in windows or any removable device including a pen drive, CD, external hard disk etc. using the free software Folder Hidden.

Quite often you may find the need to share your PC or pen drives with others. But what if you have sensitive information,which you cannot share, on the PC or the removable device. This is when freewares like.Folder Hidden are handy. They let you hide folders and files on your PC or on your removable drives such as USB drives. Thus you can easily hide selected files and folders and make them invisible for any other person using you PC or your removable media. Folder and files are invisible not only on the computer where the hiding was done, but in any other PC where the pen drive or the removable disk is used.

***** Folder Hidden, hides folders and files irrespective of whether the drive is accessed in another operating system on the same computer or reinstalled on another computer. The data will remain hidden for other programs on the PC as well.******

Features of Folder Hidden

* Folder Hidden is safe to use and the hiding technology behind it will not damage any file data. It is thus safe and reliable.

* Folder Hidden hides folders and files instantly, irrespective of Whether it is big file or a folder containing a lot of files

* Files and folders on removable drives such as USB drives hidden by Folder Hidden are invisible not only in the computer where the hiding was completed, but in any computer.

* Hidden folders and files are not accessible even from any other operating system installed on the same PC

Free download Folder Hidden fom here. It works on Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP. The application is available in skins of various colors.You can also password protect the application.Hide folders and files with the free Folder Hidden!!!

OK, that's it, finished with this before I get into trouble here. I have tried to explain this the best way I could, and now members go ahead and post

or add your comments.

Thank you

All I hope that somehow I have made a contribution and this will be looked at.

MR Bean

Hi Mr Bean

If it stays hidden how do you find it? Or do you mean it stays hidden for anyone except the administrator?

Isn't that the same with the IObit one on your machine?

I still think that you ought to explain step by step without skipping any explanation.

i.e. like explaning it to someone that doesn't know anything about computers almost.

To make it more readable - try separating your personal aside comments with a dash in front and a dash after the sentence -, please!

Cheers

solbjerg

The program I am using at the moment and have been usig it for 7 months is as follows.

Hide folder and files on local partitions in windows or any removable device including a pen drive, CD, external hard disk etc. using the free software Folder Hidden.

Quite often you may find the need to share your PC or pen drives with others. But what if you have sensitive information,which you cannot share, on the PC or the removable device. This is when freewares like.Folder Hidden are handy. They let you hide folders and files on your PC or on your removable drives such as USB drives. Thus you can easily hide selected files and folders and make them invisible for any other person using you PC or your removable media. Folder and files are invisible not only on the computer where the hiding was done, but in any other PC where the pen drive or the removable disk is used.

***** Folder Hidden, hides folders and files irrespective of whether the drive is accessed in another operating system on the same computer or reinstalled on another computer. The data will remain hidden for other programs on the PC as well.******

Features of Folder Hidden

* Folder Hidden is safe to use and the hiding technology behind it will not damage any file data. It is thus safe and reliable.

* Folder Hidden hides folders and files instantly, irrespective of Whether it is big file or a folder containing a lot of files

* Files and folders on removable drives such as USB drives hidden by Folder Hidden are invisible not only in the computer where the hiding was completed, but in any computer.

* Hidden folders and files are not accessible even from any other operating system installed on the same PC

Free download Folder Hidden fom here. It works on Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP. The application is available in skins of various colors.You can also password protect the application.Hide folders and files with the free Folder Hidden!!!

OK, that's it, finished with this before I get into trouble here. I have tried to explain this the best way I could, and now members go ahead and post

or add your comments.

Thank you

All I hope that somehow I have made a contribution and this will be looked at.

MR Bean

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

solbjerg, hi again. OK 1 more try.

If it stays hidden how do you find it? Or do you mean it stays hidden for anyone except the administrator?

::: Only can be unhidden by an Administrator be aware ,YOU must unlock them with the installed program. Do not uninstall it before you unlock your hidden files, or they stay hidden and cant be found!!

In the IObit's version, any one can access it. (files or folders)

1 Open: same in both applications (password needed)

2 Page 1: same in both applications (identical menu)

3 Adding a file or folder can be done with both applications

4 Subtract files, both will do the same

5 Subtract folders, IObit can't they disappear from view the one I use do not disappear from view

6 Hiding on drive, they both do so with the exception of IObit that, if an other media is used, hide nothing, or installed on a dual system or on a flash drive, or a cd.

7 Finding the hidden files, you will need to do step 1

You may notice that I hid the torrent .link on my desk top I use for movie downloading, then a zip file, and added a folder.

All hidden. They now need to be unhidden to be able to use them.

I can't yet do this with IObit beta, please study my snap shots carefully.

Mr BEAN

That's it. I hope this clears up what I am trying to say.

Hi Mr Bean

Now I understand a little better :-)

Are all of your screenshots from WinMend Folder Hidden? Would it not be good to have the equivalent ones from IObit's password folder, or are you just promoting WinMend Folder Hidden - it is free it says?

I HAVE gleaned from your description that IObit Password folder is safer to use for the unwary, because it doesn't get hidden from view (that is correctly understood,right?)

They both hide behind a password, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, hi again. OK 1 more try.

::: Only can be unhidden by an Administrator Be aware ,YOU must unlock them with the installed program.do not uninstall it before you unlock your hidden files.or thy stay hidden and cant be found!!

In the IObit's version, any one can access it. (files or folders)

1 Open: same in both applications (password needed)

2 Page 1: same in both applications (identical menu)

3 Adding a file or folder can be done with both applications

4 Subtract files, both will do the same

5 Subtract folders, IObit can't they disappear from view the one I use do not disappear from view

6 Hiding on drive, they both do so with the exception of IObit that, if an other media is used, hide nothing, or installed on a dual system or on a flash drive, or a cd.

7 Finding the hidden files, you will need to do step 1

You may notice that I hid the torrent .link on my desk top I use for movie downloading, then a zip file, and added a folder.

All hidden. They now need to be unhidden to be able to use them.

I can't yet do this with IObit beta, please study my snap shots carefully.

Mr BEAN

That's it. I hope this clears up what I am trying to say.

solbjerg

Hi again.

I would like to stop here and sorry I started this. Being asked, thinking that I was helping.

I have remove the offending screen captures. It's not intended as a promotion any thing or other product bar IOBIT'S.

I prefer not to post further on this beta. Nor will I on any others from this point onwards. Keep it to myself.

What I think is just foolish ideas any how!

Should of said nothing or posted on BETA programs.

The reason was this that I responded.

"Please elaborate what should be better than this, so IObit can make the progress in that direction if they agree with your suggestions."

unquote

Mr Bean

Hi Mr Bean

You did not have to remove the pictures

My remark was just that it was beginning to look as if the post belonged in the section for other software in the Lounge.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

Hi again.

I would like to stop here and sorry I started this. Being asked, thinking that I was helping.

I have remove the offending screen captures. It's not intended as a promotion any thing or other product bar IOBIT'S.

I prefer not to post further on this beta. Nor will I on any others from this point onwards. Keep it to myself.

What I think is just foolish ideas any how!

Should of said nothing or posted on BETA programs.

The reason was this that I responded.

"Please elaborate what should be better than this, so IObit can make the progress in that direction if they agree with your suggestions."

unquote

Mr Bean

Hi again solbjerg.

OK, I did not want to be seen as putting this program down, and still testing this from every witch way I know how.

I would love it to function as it should, and protect my files or folders stay hidden from any type of program that would not show the files or folders that I hid!

Its simply not doing this, only partly. Needs to be fixed.

The rest, I could live with but not if it can't hide my files or folders 100% from any other means or programs.

Foot Note :

Any one with a dual system please test it (please) and see what I mean.

1 Hide some files, close the program .

2 Reboot using the other OS. Then go to the drive, and see that they are shown.

3 If you have a booting flash drive (Pen), boot from it. Then go to the hidden files you will see them.

4 If using a Linux CD, access the drive, you will see them on the drive.

So, IObit can make the progress in that direction.

Thank you in advance.

Mr Bean

Archived