IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What does Compressing mean?

If you widen that column, what it actually says is:

'Compressing backup and rarely used files...'

(Since compressed-backup files must be handled differently than normal files and rarely-used files are displayed differently.)

Which I think means that SD is checking for those type files and processing and displaying them appropriately.

If I'm correct, then I would suggest that the word 'processing' or 'Checking' would probably be a better word to use, instead of 'compressing'?

Or maybe they intended to say 'Compressed', instead of 'Compressing', and somehow got changed in the Translation?

(since they are compressed-backup files)

Hi guys,

I am not sure but IMO, what is meant by compression is not in the meaning of we all are familiar with.

My guess and obsevation is that, the compressed backup files and rarely used files are being located together to the relatively slower part (inner part) of the disk and without any space left between files (in the sense of compressing) squeezed side by side.

Perhaps, squeezing :lol: could be a better word there.

Cheers.

Archived