IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Tray Icon Display Settings (Name) Not Persistent

In Win7 32-bit Home Premium, I modify the System Tray properties to display Smart Defrag v2 icon all the time ("Show Icon and Notifications"), but the name of the icon seems to include the last defrag timestamp, so when I reboot, the 'new' icon reverts to 'Only Show Notifications'. Other programs update the info/comment of the System Tray icon without affecting the name, so that system tray properties persist over time/through reboots. Please change this in SmartDefrag so the system tray icon properties persist, which I believe is having a static name while modifying the comment with last defrag timestamp info.

The System Tray properties screens do show multiple Smart Defrag v2 icons in the list, the only difference apparently being the last defrag time.

The settings I am referring to are located by: Right-click the time in the system try, select Properties, Customize Notification Icons, find the Smart Defrag v2 icon and change to "Show Icon and Notifications" - I have multiple Smart Defrag v2 icons in this list with different Last defrag timestamps.

I did not have this problem in version 1.

Thanks!

Archived