IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 1.5 not recognised by any uninstaller, and cannot delete the file that IS there

I KNOW I have 1.5 on the computer - I keep getting asked if I want to update to SD2. Until this evening - and after hours trying to uninstall using Vista's built in uninstaller, that by Revo, and CCleaner - I could not even FIND 1.5. I have just discovered a folder 'hiding' in an IOBit file, and have tried to delete this folder, but I "require authorisation".

Now, I would like to eliminate 1.5 as it seemed to double up any defragging that 2 did. I have removed SD2 in frustration, and am now even more frustrated since I cannot find the way out of this, even after scouring pages of posts. A solution to this would be highly appreciated.

Clean Uninstall and Install

Welcome to the forum pwblackmore :smile:

I have just discovered a folder 'hiding' in an IOBit file, and have tried to delete this folder, but I "require authorisation".

Do you have Administrator rights?

I KNOW I have 1.5 on the computer....

To do a clean uninstall of IObit Smart Defrag follow this procedure.

If you have any version of Smart Defrag installed on your computer, uninstall it first in the usual manner, then:

• Download BitRemover

• Launch BitRemover

• Select IObit Smart Defrag only

• Click Go

Since you have had 2 versions of Smart Defrag on your computer at the same time, I suggest you run BitRemover twice just to make sure.

• Search for and delete any leftover folders.

(I would Restart the computer at this stage but that is up to you)

• Install the latest version of IObit Smart Defrag in the usual manner.

For more info on a Clean Uninstall and Install.

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

Archived