IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I disable auto defrag for all users

Great product guys/gals!

I install SD in every system my company builds. But we have an issue when the client creates a new user on that system and then logs in. SD turns auto-defrag on. I do not want any auto-defrag ever running for my clients. So we often get calls about slow performance etc. And when we ask if they are using a new user, they invariably say "YES". We then direct them where to turn off load at start-up and auto-defrag, and they are back up to speed. I know you wrote the engine to only auto-defrag when the system is not in use; however, this is not always how it performs. Is there a simple way to permanently disable the auto-defrag so it does not turn itself on for a newly created user?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i am the dave!

Sorry nobody has addressed your question! I think Iobit support can answer it. Send a PM (private message) to Cicely via the blue Private Messages link at the top right of the Forum GUI. If they cannot provide an adequate answer, at least they may endeavour to program the next update on the software with the necessary options.

Question: Could you configure your machines in the meantime to allow only the system administrator to run smart defrag in the meantime... or is this too big an inconvenience for your customers... how often do they defrag anyway? And what type of machines/software are you building for them that they might need defrag more than once a week or so (or when their admin uses the machines)? Temp solution maybe???

It is possible one of our other forum members has a solution... perhaps my post may draw some attention to it?

I cannot see the means within the program as it is today to do what you want unfortunately.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

P.S. please fully describe for the iobit team the systems you are installing for your customers... completely, and send a PM (private message) to lily2000 or Cicely including a copied and pasted link from your browser to this page... I believe they would like to know about this dilemma of yours and provide an answer.

Hi i am the dave!

I have steered this question to Iobit support for you! Here is Cicely's response:

IObit Support

Default Re: Hi Cicely! Can you look at this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvin_Deal

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11646

Thanks, Mel

Hi Melvin,

We have forwarded this issue to our engineers, they are working on it.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day!

IObit Support Team--

If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

-Mel

• 1 month later...

Any word...

It looks like I will be having to find another defrag program to promote and use. The issue with not being able to disable auto defrag for all users (especially when a new user is created) is causing too much of an issue, and making us look like we build slow computers. You really should fix this lack of support option. BTW SD 1.5 disabled auto-defrag for all users when you selected this option for ANY user - a better option for sure. Auto-defrag is cumbersome to the OS and gets in the way constantly.

Archived