IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shows incorrect Disk free space

rosso

Via Windows I did a Disk Clean and then Compression of files to increase free disk space.

Before this my free space was 2.82GB and after 3.92GB.

Going to v2 Smart Defrag this then showed my free space as 2.82GB. Whether this number being the same as the previous free space before the clean up is a coincidence I don't know but the SD number was wrong.

This poses the question what other wrong info can be displayed with IObit?

Has anyone else had these anomalies?

Hi rosso

It probably was the restart of the program that gave the correct answer.

It sounds like you have much too little free space - but I do not know how large your harddisc is. For 3.92GB to be enough your harddisk has to be maximum 27 GB if it is larger than that you lack free space.

Cheers

solbjerg

Now going to Disk Doctor it does show the correct 3.92GB so maybe the previous anomaly is just a minor glitch which sorts itself out.

Hi rosso

It sounds like you have much too little free space

Yes I agree, after Windows allocates part of that space for temp-memory (page-file),

not much will be available for Windows processes and other programs to use, (temp-files, log-files, etc.)

if that is the c: drive and the only drive in the computer.

Archived