IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag & ASC problems in Win 7 [FIXED]

:razz: Hi from Bil3333 in New Zealand,

:grin: My friends and I all run XP SP3 Professional, with Smart Defrag & ASC running beautifully for years.

:?: Yesterday, my neighbor complained that Smart Defrag won't actual defrag his Win7 home premium laptop. He gets the " Do you want this program to make changes ", and then SD appears on the screen, but when he clicks " Defrag and fully optimize " nothing happens. The C drive is ticked.

8:) Also, if there are any other Win 7 peculiarities, I'd be grateful if you experts would note them.

:grin: Regards Bill3333.

There are No W-7 peculiarities.

We have 5 systems with W-7 and No problems with SD.

It may be that the Laptop is running from batteries only or it has SSDrive

or something like that or a setting that needs to changed, that is deactivating SD.

Hi bill

>Do you want this program to make changes<

This sounds like a security warning.

Have you recently changed your security system?

Which security system do you use?

Whenever I download a program I download it to my "Downloads" folder and then I rightclick the program and click properties and unblock the program, so I never get those warnings that asks me to allow or keep blocking the program.

Cheers

solbjerg

:razz: Hi from Bil3333 in New Zealand,

:grin: My friends and I all run XP SP3 Professional, with Smart Defrag & ASC running beautifully for years.

:?: Yesterday, my neighbor complained that Smart Defrag won't actual defrag his Win7 home premium laptop. He gets the " Do you want this program to make changes ", and then SD appears on the screen, but when he clicks " Defrag and fully optimize " nothing happens. The C drive is ticked.

8:) Also, if there are any other Win 7 peculiarities, I'd be grateful if you experts would note them.

:grin: Regards Bill3333.

Many Thanks Problem Solved

:-?Thanks very much Toppack and solbjerg, you solved the problem,

:oops:Two very important points. O course, being a desktop person, the battery setting did not occur to me. Also I find laptops really difficult to fix, as the screens are so small, I can't see them at my age ..... I have a mint old Phillips Brilliance 202/P4, 22 inch, that has a beautiful picture.

:lol:Many thanks Bill3333.

Archived