IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag2 autostart all users

Hi there,

This seems like a really simple/obvious issue so apologies if this has already been answered or wrote about somewhere, searched for a while but couldn't find anything.

Basically, after installing SmartDefrag to a Windows7 PC it runs fine and starts up on login no problem until I switch to another user on the same PC. It still works on the other user but won't start up on login, so automatic defrag is essentially off. So install on User1 works fine, but SD won't start automatically when User2 logs in.

Opening SD while logged onto User2 and checking the settings, the "Automatically start with windows" option is still ticked and I've found unticking it then apply then reticking it and apply get SD to start up on User2 but I was wondering if there was another way around this which didn't involve having to log into User2 in the first place, i.e. a reg entry or something, so SD will start for any user who logs on to the machine.

I tried adding the pathname to SD with /STARTUP at the end (Read that somewhere else) to the run path in RegEdit but no luck. Removing the /STARTUP gets it to run, but obviously I'd rather it started minimized to tray and left to do it's own thing (Out of prying eyes)

Thanks for reading, seems like a simple thing but I just can't manage to get it going.

Cheers,

Sean

Archived