IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Remaining time: better clock possible?

Yes MacPeter and technical

IObit was advised about the "Timing" some time ago, and this version is also slightly better than the previous, but very far from perfect.

IObits response then was that their developer was working on it, but that the problem apparently was very complicated, while it built on Windows own timing and the timing from Windows was flawed too.

Hopefully the next update will set it right, but the program itself functions fine, and even thought it tells you that it will use more than an hour to complete the scan it usually finished in less than 10 minutes if the Volume isn't too fragmented.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I am really surprised how this program has improved.

But would it be possible to do something about the remaining time. It seems to work in a weird way.

Hi MacPeter

Same here!

The timing often works in an odd way in several applications.

I think it must have something to do with what it is it is counting.

In some applications it looks as if i counts every file, these usually works ok where the progress bar runs along in an even orderly way.

Others seem to count the folders and this gives a more erratic depiction on the progress bar as this depends on how much content the folders has.

Some applications only need to count its own files, and this you would think should work fine, but if they have utilized the timer from another application to show the progress it might exhibit strange behaviour I think.

One would think that a timer that counted bits and showed how many was counted and how many remained would be a precise and correct timer. Why this is hard to achieve I do not know.

The above is just some of my own thoughts on the subject of timing (progress bars)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for your answer.

I have no problems waiting.:)

Archived