IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 4 & Advanced SystemCare 9 combination? Best setup?

Hi.

I've searched at the FAQs and also at the forums, but could not find what I was looking for.

So here is my new post:

I've a good old Dell XPS 15:

-HDD 750 GB, 7200 rpm (partitioned as C and D)

-8GB RAM

-Intel Core i7 (3rd gen)

-Windows 10

I've purchased Smart Defar 4 pro and ASC 9 pro

What at the best and correct settings so that both programs works at their best without conflicting each other? I now that SD is more advanced that ASC defrag/HDD optimizer volume, but I've seen that in Other post one Iobit moderator adivised to have both enabled.

I guess that the best option should be to disable entirely the defrag/optimizer module in ASC and so only use SD. Otherwhose is like having two drefragmenters (which is not advices)

So:

1) does fully disabling ASC defrag/optimizer is the best way to go? So that SD is the only defrag/optimizer.

2) once SD is installed, will it automatically disable Windows built on defrag? If not, can it be disabled properly? (This to make sure that only SD is defragmenting and optimizing, and that Windows 10 defrag is not interfering)

3) there should be an option that when ASC detects that SD is installed, that ASC automatically disables its defrag/HDD optimizer module, or at least some advice from ASC of what the user should do.

4) have Iobit considered the following (either of the two options):

A) to embed SD into ASC so the full SD program is part of ASC

B) to completely remove the defrag/HDD optimizer module from ASC, so that SD needs to be installed for that purpose

Thanks

Not exactly. The description of that option just says that when Windows defrag is opened, SD will open instead.

I do notice that even after installing SD pro the Windows defrag is scheduled to run once a week.

I manually disabled that option in Windows defrag.

I really think that Iobit should address this to make sure that only SD works and not also the Windows defrag.

Hi ektorbarajas,

Although you know that I am not from the staff, I may shed small light to the question. :-)

You are right, but also Scannan is right. SD becomes the default defrag program with that option.

When this option is chosen, SD is called when defragmentation is needed in Windows . i.e. if a program needs a defrag, then SD is run, but this does not stop Windows' own defragmenter to run a boot time defrag or a Windows scheduled defrag.

It is good that you have disabled Windows' scheduled defrag, as SD uses a different defrag algorithm.

If you ask my preference for ASC defrag and SD, I put the fragmentation percentage high in ASC, so it never defrags automatically. (I use auto defrag neither with ASC nor with SD anyway.) |;-)

Cheers.

Archived