IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Dunno if this is a bug, but my Smart Defrag 5 seems to contradict itself!

Dear Anyone.

Did a scan with Smart Defrag 5 Free to see how bad the prob. was - and it said 41542 Fragmented files in red writing in the top left corner - but in the middle, in blue, it said 'NO DEFRAGMENTED FILES.'

Ummm.... how can it be no defragmented files AND 41542 defragmented files simultaneously?

Going to try to upload a screenshot but dunno if I can cos I've not posted here before, so if there isn't one I'll give you any other details you ask me for!

It says its uploaded the screenshot, hope you can see it.

Yours puzzledly

ulrichburke

Hi ulrichburke,

Please wait for analyzing to finish first. Even analyzinf in the first run could be much slower than the later analizes and defrags.

Is it possible that you are running on batteries and you have checked the concerned checkbox for not to defrag or stop the defrag when running on batteries in Settings?

Cheers.

Dear Anyone.

Did a scan with Smart Defrag 5 Free to see how bad the prob. was - and it said 41542 Fragmented files in red writing in the top left corner - but in the middle, in blue, it said 'NO DEFRAGMENTED FILES.'

Ummm.... how can it be no defragmented files AND 41542 defragmented files simultaneously?

Going to try to upload a screenshot but dunno if I can cos I've not posted here before, so if there isn't one I'll give you any other details you ask me for!

It says its uploaded the screenshot, hope you can see it.

Yours puzzledly

ulrichburke

Hello ulrichburke,

Welcome to our forum.

It is very kind of enoskype to offer a suggestion about the issue. Could you please follow his guidance to see if any issue?

Please feel free to contact us if problem remains.

Cheers.

Hi ulrichburke,

Please wait for analyzing to finish first. Even analyzinf in the first run could be much slower than the later analizes and defrags.

Is it possible that you are running on batteries and you have checked the concerned checkbox for not to defrag or stop the defrag when running on batteries in Settings?

Cheers.

Hello enoskype,

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Have a good time.

Dear Enoskye.

I waited, as you asked, for the first run to finish. I did a quick defrag. run because I didn't know how long a full one would take and I needed to use the machine today. It is quite a fast one, it's a quadcore with a SATA hard drive.

It's finished the first run and I thought now all the little squares would be not-red, I THINK 'red' means 'fragmented', none of the colours tell you what they mean even if you hover over them on my version. ASSUMING red means fragmented, it's just finished its run and there's still more red squares than there are any of any other colour.

Do you have any idea why it's gone through an entire run and there's still lots of fragmented (if that's what red means) squares left behind?

Sorry I'm kinda hijacking my own thread, if you want me to put this in a new thread feel free to tell me.

Chris.

Hello Chris,

You can check the meaning of each colour when the defragment is going through.

It is very normal that there are still fragementations after the defrag just finished. This is because fragmants are generated all the time when PC is running but Smart Defrag can't clean them when defrag is processing.

Have a good time.

Archived