IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

how to disable smart defrag update message

I don't want to update to the pro version of smart defrag and I don't want to have the smart defrag update message nagging me to update it each time windows starts. I am content with the defrag contained in ASCU. So, how do I disable this update message?

Hello BestRip,

Welcome to our forum.

May I know why you don't want to update Smart Defrag to the latest version to enjoy better features, please? If you don't want to get the update message, you can click the button "Remind me later" at the left bottom of the update message screen.

Cheers!

Hi Cicely,

Well it's like this... my C: drive is a SSD and as far as I know ASCU takes care of the trim and there is no need for more defrag functions there.Then I have a 1.5TB storage drive (D:) that doesn't get fragmented enough to justify any defragmentation software at all, or at least the ASCU defrag takes care of this well enough for my needs. On another note I think it is far to expensive for MY needs. And as a small parenthesis I have (when I needed it several years ago) found a freeware that was totally awesome at defragging, did it so completely and at such speed it totally blew the competition out of the drives. I won't name it here, but I could give it to you in a personal message if you'd like.

?Cheers!

Hi Cicely,

Well it's like this... my C: drive is a SSD and as far as I know ASCU takes care of the trim and there is no need for more defrag functions there.Then I have a 1.5TB storage drive (D:) that doesn't get fragmented enough to justify any defragmentation software at all, or at least the ASCU defrag takes care of this well enough for my needs. On another note I think it is far to expensive for MY needs. And as a small parenthesis I have (when I needed it several years ago) found a freeware that was totally awesome at defragging, did it so completely and at such speed it totally blew the competition out of the drives. I won't name it here, but I could give it to you in a personal message if you'd like.

?Cheers!

Hello BestRip,

Smart Defrag can trim your SSD to improve your disk performance. Althought Advanced SystemCare can care your disk, Smart Defrag can provide more comprehensive optimization of all your disks. That is, Smart Defrag can improve the disk more professionally. Please send me a PM about name of the program you got and the better features you valued.

Cheers.

Yeah, I want to know this as well. It seems like the app is updated, what seems like, twice a week. And then we are harassed into updating the app. I paid for all of these apps, but I am still harassed constently!

Hello Russell,

Welcome to our forum.

If you don't want to get the update message, you can click the button "Remind me later" at the left bottom of the update message screen.

By the way, if you are Smart Defrag Pro user, you can enjoy Auto Update freely.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

That's nice, Cicely, but how do I keep it from running at all? It's not on the startup list where every single other company puts their update checkers. How do I stop Smart Defrag from running anything on startup? At what point did IObit decide that I shouldn't be allowed to keep it from running anything unless I wanted to? What else is it doing that I'm not allowed to have any control over?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! vbsmile.png I seen an old post here and its look like that there is no option to disable the auto-update . I am looking for a chance if we can disable the update through the firewall settings. but i think this is how their system works.

Hello all,

May I know why you don't want to update Smart Defrag to the latest version, please? It won't pop up after you update. If you are a Smart Defrag Pro user, it is recommended to enable Auto Update in Settings.

Here is a screenshot of the location of the feature Auto Update.

Anyway, I conveyed your opinions about it to our product team.

Hi BestRip,

You can try these things to disable update pop up message.

- Go to settings and uncheck the "Check Automatically for Updates" checkbox.

- Disable the Smart Defrag Update in Scheduled Tasks for Windows.

- Run msconfig in the command prompt, then start up tab and uncheck it. Cheers! vbsmile.png

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/21/2017 at 7:43 PM, Cicely said:

Hello all,

May I know why you don't want to update Smart Defrag to the latest version, please? It won't pop up after you update. If you are a Smart Defrag Pro user, it is recommended to enable Auto Update in Settings.

Here is a screenshot of the location of the feature Auto Update.

Anyway, I conveyed your opinions about it to our product team.

Need To remove the Popup Notification as it Interupts and will crash games and applications!

On 6/23/2017 at 7:50 AM, Firdovsi said:

You can try these things to disable update pop up message.

- Go to settings and uncheck the "Check Automatically for Updates" checkbox.

- Disable the Smart Defrag Update in Scheduled Tasks for Windows.

- Run msconfig in the command prompt, then start up tab and uncheck it. Cheers! vbsmile.png

This is a good way.

• 3 months later...

found a way that works --right click the shortcut  (in this case driver booster because i don't have smart defrag installed) open file location find AutoUpdate.exe. use the program IObit Unlocker (it's free) and rename the file to something like  AutoUpdate.exe.bak so it will never run. but you can still use the check for updates manually to update all iobit programs

• 2 years later...

I'd never boot up Windows 11 if Adobe products worked on Linux. I get 500Mb download speed in Linux (the fastest speed my connection is capable of) and in Win 11 I get 100Mb despite inhaling every update and updating the WiFi driver. Even tried TCPOptimiser. No dice. I may have to get an M1 Mac just for Adobe stuff :/