IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Move Smart Defrag. Just like ASC

Move Smart Defrag. Just like ASC  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I noticed that ASC will move if you click anywhere on the user interface. However, Smart Defrag will not move unless you click on the title bar.

So, I made a small Launcher for Smart Defrag that will allow you to click anywhere and move it. This small program can be placed in the ASC folder OR the Smart Defrag folder.

Thanks,

Valuater

8)

UPDATE - New Version with Pause and Multilingual Capabilities.

Sup_Move_SDefrag2(2).zip

Move Defrag

Hi Valuater-Is there anything you can't do?I for one appreciate the time you've invested the IObit products.That said,I had to cast a "not needed" vote for SD.Not that you weren't very sharp in your observations,but moving SD implies(at least to me)that you're moving it out of the way to do something else.For me,a defrag is the last thing I do before I power down for the day.Continuing work continues fragmentation.I will admit that this could be handy for the purposes of a screenshot where other applications need to be seen at the same time.Oh,s&*t,maybe I should change my vote!

Hi Valuater-Is there anything you can't do?I for one appreciate the time you've invested the IObit products.That said,I had to cast a "not needed" vote for SD.Not that you weren't very sharp in your observations,but moving SD implies(at least to me)that you're moving it out of the way to do something else.For me,a defrag is the last thing I do before I power down for the day.Continuing work continues fragmentation.I will admit that this could be handy for the purposes of a screenshot where other applications need to be seen at the same time.Oh,s&*t,maybe I should change my vote!

lol...

Thanks detailer! Normally I close everything also when I am going to use SD. However, I was trying to "re-size" the GUI like many had asked for. I was not able to do that...sorry. ( so there is one thing I couldn't do...lol )

That's why I finished the program and polled to see if would help anyone.

Valuater

8)

Move it around!!!

Hi Valuater,

Thank you for the small utility to make Smart Defrag more versatile.

Tried it, and it worked OK. And I liked it. :-)

If you are doing a lot of testing, then it is very useful to move it around.

Keep up the good work my friend. ;-)

Cheers.

Hi Valuater,

Move SDefrag does not work if SD is opened in a different language unless you change the language when Move Sdefrag is active.!!!

Note: SD 1.11 (new version) is used.

Cheers.

Thanks enoskype.

Can you try this one for me please... I added a "pause" so you can re-size the listview control or other things..etc.

Valuater

8)

Thanks for the new one, but I think there is a bug.

The "Pause" fuction works, but unfortunately "Move" function only works if you start SD by Move SDefrag, exit Move SDefrag and restart Move SDefrag and both move and pause functions work.

In summary, you have to start Move SDefrag twice exiting in between, for the functions to work.

Cheers.

Thanks for the new one, but I think there is a bug.

The "Pause" fuction works, but unfortunately "Move" function only works if you start SD by Move SDefrag, exit Move SDefrag and restart Move SDefrag and both move and pause functions work.

In summary, you have to start Move SDefrag twice exiting in between, for the functions to work.

Cheers.

Thanks,

I am not finding that problem, however you do have to wait a couple of seconds before the move and other functions will work. I also noted that when I changed the language on SD it still says "Smart Defrag" as the title.

EDIT: Turkish changed the title...

Valuater

8)

Valuater,

Unfortunately, repetitive trials reveal the same result as my prior post.

To make it clearer I will write the whole procedure.

Open ASC3=>Utilities=>click Move_SDefrag=>icon in the systray=>SD opens=>no move function=>exit Move_SDefrag=>icon closes=>click Move_SDefrag=>icon in the systray=>move function OK=>right click systray icon=>click Pause Move_SD = Off=>Pause Move_SD = On=>move function is OFF.

It is exactly the same in different languages. (It works in second start)

(That's all in XP Pro SP3. I'll post if it is different in Vista and Win7)

I wonder what happens in others' PCs.

Turkish changed the title? Exceptions don't change the rule. ;-) :-P

The string is not included in the English language file.:lol:

Infact, Turkish language file is garbled in the setup file because of non-Unicode characters, please use the one here .

Cheers.

Thanks enoskype,

I just tested on my 3 computers all XP Home (Sp2 and SP3)

Open ASC3=>Utilities=>click Move_SDefrag=>icon in the systray=>SD opens=>move function OK

Maybe someone else can post. Maybe its the Pro version?

Thanks again, I appreciate your effort enoskype. :grin:

Robert

Valuater

8)

Move_SDefrag is OK in Vista Ultimate and Windows7 Ultimate even with different languages.

I assume, the problem in XP is exclusively mine and Move_SDefrag works OK with ASC 3.12 and SD 1.11 in XP, Vista, and Windows7.

Thanks again for this useful utility Valuater.

Cheers.

Move_SDefrag is OK in Vista Ultimate and Windows7 Ultimate even with different languages.

I assume, the problem in XP is exclusively mine and Move_SDefrag works OK with ASC 3.12 and SD 1.11 in XP, Vista, and Windows7.

Thanks again for this useful utility Valuater.

Cheers.

Great and Thanks for the extended testing!!!

I will move the new Move_SD to the Original Post on page #1 so all people that download can have all the newest advantages.

Valuater

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Valuater,

From my friend's PC, I had problem downloading the file in the first post, can you please check it. The problem is that it says file ending is not valid zip. exe file can not be extracted. At the end, I couldn't download a working file.

Perhaps attaching a new file again will help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

NOTE:

I am attaching the one I have here, for comparison by users.

Sup_Move_SDefrag2.zip

Thanks for checking, but I don't have problem myself from my notebook either.

Valuater, it is worth re-zipping and re-attaching the original exe file, as other zip files work with that specific PC.

Thank you and cheers.

Thanks enoskype,

I just downloaded your file and uploaded it to page #1

Valuater

8)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived