IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Schedule....How it works?

How works the Schedule?

I have three partitions on a hard drive: Drive C, D, and E and would schedule as follows: today defrag only Drive C, tomorrow only defrag Drive D and on the third day defrag only Drive D. Every week the "process" must do it

The Schedule works very well, but you can't select to defrag any drive on a another day.

Use the version 1.11

Best Regards,

Satturner.

Hi satturner

Well, the autodefrag asks you to select your system drive for defragmentation.

The scheduled defrag says "select the volume you want to defrag with schedule".

In my opinion these words tells us that only one volume can be selected.

Cheers

solbjerg

How works the Schedule?

I have three partitions on a hard drive: Drive C, D, and E and would schedule as follows: today defrag only Drive C, tomorrow only defrag Drive D and on the third day defrag only Drive D. Every week the "process" must do it

The Schedule works very well, but you can't select to defrag any drive on a another day.

Use the version 1.11

Best Regards,

Satturner.

Hi satturner

Well, the autodefrag asks you to select your system drive for defragmentation.

The scheduled defrag says "select the volume you want to defrag with schedule".

In my opinion these words tells us that only one volume can be selected.

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry for me bad Englisch, i am not strong in it.

What Autodefrag about Task Scheduler? These are two different things.

It is me to the task planner. You says: "The scheduled defrag says "select the volume you want to defrag with schedule". This is correct, but it don't says that you only one volume can be selected. You can seperate check to it.

I think that is the bug: You can only create one job not three to defrag every volume on another day. Weak move for a task schedule.

Best Regards

Satturner

Hi satturner

When it says "the volume" it means "das volumen" (nicht die volumen) and that is usually only one, right!

If in plural it should have said the volumes

And you can choose either one. Don't you use one more than the other?

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry for me bad Englisch, i am not strong in it.

What Autodefrag about Task Scheduler? These are two different things.

It is me to the task planner. You says: "The scheduled defrag says "select the volume you want to defrag with schedule". This is correct, but it don't says that you only one volume can be selected. You can seperate check to it.

I think that is the bug: You can only create one job not three to defrag every volume on another day. Weak move for a task schedule.

Best Regards

Satturner

Hi satturner

When it says "the volume" it means "das volumen" (nicht die volumen) and that is usually only one, right!

If in plural it should have said the volumes

And you can choose either one. Don't you use one more than the other?

Cheers

solbjerg

Beste Solbjerg,

I think that you don't understand me or the Schedule isn't weak for you.

So I will tell the whole story again.

If you choose for the schedule then you can select every "volume" that you want to defrag. This means that I can select C or D or E with each combination. ( bv. C+E or C+D or C+D+E). Every volume in the Schedule which is checked is automatically selected for the defrag. Yeah right??

With the Schedule Options and the Schedule Config button you can choose the defrag method and the defrag time. This means that a job is created. That is the only job that is created, it only applies to the previously selected volume(s). Since there is no possibility to create a second or third job , because I want defrag C for now and D for tomorrow so i must have "multiple jobs" for it, this task planner can't never my objective.

As an example, I refer you to Microsoft Backup which is possible to make multiple jobs.

Best Regards

Satturner

Ok satturner (sorry for being so dense)

Now I understand, - but even though you select multiple schedules (which is possible) only one is implemented, right?

This seems to be true - and ought to be something IObit should look into.

I do not use automatic or schedule myself so I am not very familiar with it.

Perhaps other users can shed some light here, but it surely looks as if there is a glitch in the facility here.

Cheers

solbjerg

Beste Solbjerg,

I think that you don't understand me or the Schedule isn't weak for you.

So I will tell the whole story again.

If you choose for the schedule then you can select every "volume" that you want to defrag. This means that I can select C or D or E with each combination. ( bv. C+E or C+D or C+D+E). Every volume in the Schedule which is checked is automatically selected for the defrag. Yeah right??

With the Schedule Options and the Schedule Config button you can choose the defrag method and the defrag time. This means that a job is created. That is the only job that is created, it only applies to the previously selected volume(s). Since there is no possibility to create a second or third job , because I want defrag C for now and D for tomorrow so i must have "multiple jobs" for it, this task planner can't never my objective.

As an example, I refer you to Microsoft Backup which is possible to make multiple jobs.

Best Regards

Satturner

Ok satturner (sorry for being so dense)

Now I understand, - but even though you select multiple schedules (which is possible) only one is implemented, right?

This seems to be true - and ought to be something IObit should look into.

I do not use automatic or schedule myself so I am not very familiar with it.

Perhaps other users can shed some light here, but it surely looks as if there is a glitch in the facility here.

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear Solbjerg,

For beter understand, I will correct you:

As you says:

"but even though you select multiple schedules (which is possible) only one is implemented, right?"

In other words:

You cannot select multiple schedules.

You select only multiple volumes (which is possible) or you select a single volume (which is also possible), only one is implemented, and that is the only job which works from the previously selected volume(s).

For now, I hava a anoter free version of defrag, where I can make more jobs to defrag each volume on another day.

If IObit is continues working on the development of multiple jobs or there is a update where you can create multiple jobs, then I will return in the future.

Best Regards

Satturner

Hi donny

I can manually run the defragment for my two drives, they will both be defragmented - first the D: drive finishes and then the C: drive - my C: drive is the largest.

But I haven't tried to do the same in the schedule, - is it possible to do them both at the same time in a schedule you have set up?

I know you can choose multiple schedules but only one seems to run, right??

Have you tried all possible configurations??

Or has anyone anything to add?

I do not use the function, but nevertheless I would like to know how or if it works.

I will add any relevant information about this in "Usage of IObit Products"

Thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

I left a message a few days ago with the same problem. I too cannot set a schedule to defrag my C drive on Monday and my D drive on Tuesday. This would be a good feature to fix.

Hi

I just recieved word from IObit that they would try to get the scheduling issue cleared up in the next update version 1.20

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg

Good to know. Why the big move from version 1.11 to 1.20? What is more cleared up in version 1.20? When is 1.20 to expect? Can you tell more about it.?

Best Regards

Satturner

Hi satturner

The version number policies in virtually all kinds of program version is difficult to fathom. :-)

The information I related was what I was told, so we just have to wait and see.

But I think the same problem exists in the scheduling in ASC and Tim just wrote in News that version 3.20 would be out this week, if the scheduling is fixed there chances are that it will be fixed in SmartDefrag as well, when that update hits us.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg

Good to know. Why the big move from version 1.11 to 1.20? What is more cleared up in version 1.20? When is 1.20 to expect? Can you tell more about it.?

Best Regards

Satturner

Archived