IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Portable Hard Drive Issues with SmartDefrag

Running Win XP Pro SP3. Okay I admire that SmartDefrag is detecting my portable hard drives but one problem, I can't safely remove my portable hard drives without exiting SmartDefrag or using "Unlocker" because it holds/locks up the hard drives, I have the auto defrag set to system only so its not autodefragging my portable harddrives. This is slightly annoying that I have to close smartdefrag to remove my portable hard drive OR I have a program called "Unlocker" and I right click on my portable hard drive icon in my computer and say unlocker from the shell extension menu, and then unlock smart defrag from my portable hard drive. It would just be nice if you guys could find a solution to this within the program. I do not need community advise or solutions, I have my own way of dealing with this, but I just want IObit to know about this issue.

bugreport.txt

• 4 weeks later...

Configuration problem

I thought first of a configuration problem too, but after trying everything in settings, it became clear it is not!

Therefore i made myself this little program and want to share it.

It is ment to help just until this little bug is solved in Smart Defrag.

Of course you´d better be carefull about downloading unknown software, but it is packed in an zip-archive and you can always do a virusscan before you install it. ;-)

Hi Guys,

I have checked both of the files with VirusTotal, and they are both clean.

Here are the results:

1)

VirusTotal result for: SetupSDRUD_XPPro_Vista.zip

2)

VirusTotal result for: SetupSDRUD_XPHome.zip

Here is the link: http://www.startlinken.nl/software/software1.htm#SDRUD

You can change the name of the EXE file to: Sup_SDRemoveUSBDrive.exe and put that copy in the main ASC folder.

The Icon will be ready next to Smart Defrag icon under the Tune Up tab in Utilities of ASC 3.

Cheers.

Thanks

Hi enoskype,

Thank you for checking both of the files with VirusTotal and for replacing the link.

For using it together with ASC 3 (Advanced SystemCare 3), i wouldn´t recommend to rename the file before you copied it, otherwise the shortcut on your desktop won´t work anymore.

I wrote a little batchfile that does the same trick automically and i uploaded it.

:-) Have fun

SDRemoveUSBDrivePluginASC3.zip

Archived