Not consolidating empty space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Solberg,

I googled for Smart Defrag and used the link to download the version that I am using. I initially only downloaded Smart Defrag, once I found that that it worked reasonably well. I transfered it to the other PC, and there I eventually clicked on the Care! button which lead to the download page of IObit, and I then downloaded the other program and installed on the other system. Lo and behold, the Care button disappeared .

Best Wishes
    Jim

Comment

Hi James
      It now sounds as if you have the right version
      Did that make any difference to the depiction of immovables?
      If so congratulation
      Cheers
      solbjerg

Originally posted by James_r View Post
      Hi Solberg,

I googled for Smart Defrag and used the link to download the version that I am using. I initially only downloaded Smart Defrag, once I found that that it worked reasonably well. I transfered it to the other PC, and there I eventually clicked on the Care! button which lead to the download page of IObit, and I then downloaded the other program and installed on the other system. Lo and behold, the Care button disappeared .

Best Wishes
      Jim
      太阳山 (solbjerg)
      Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
      (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
      Itemized subjects Table of content
      In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
      Clean Install concept Clean Install
      Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Confused here.

You have been running advanced system care in the past and just now are running smart defrag? Just want to make sure all are on the same page here!

Some of the situations you describe seem to indicate you are utilizing ASC and Smartdefrag.

The screen shots are good, but don't give an indication/direction/solution.

If I'm being stupid.... it won't be the first time!!

Comment

Hi,

On PC A only downloaded Smart Defrag. This is the one with the problems, is multi user. 55% free space.

PC b :- transfered Smart Defrag from A to b installed but then clicked on Care! button and installed AC3. Care! button now disappears from Smart Defrag. Smart Defrag worked when only Smart Defrag installed but effectively single user only one administrator. 75% free space.

Both 40GB HD's

Disabled hibernation on both PC's. Page Defrag worked on b not on A.

I would like to sort the problem before transfering Smart Defrag to my laptop, and also PC A is used for accounts.

Best Wishes
          Jim

Comment

Zip Files

8-)
            Originally posted by solbjerg View Post
            Hi James
            I have made a couple of zipped files with the two threads.
            Attaching them
            Cheers
            solbjerg
            p.s. I made an updated version today 15.01.2010
            Thanks so much for the zip files! They helped tremendously!

Comment

Working...
            X