IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Trouble after deep optimize

Hi RonPeters

Can you start it in safe mode?

Hit F8 repeatedly during start of the computer and choose the safe mode option. There may be another F key suggested in your start up window, but F8 usually works.

Did something untowards happen during your defrag? Short loss of power perhaps?

Then try running a chkdsk - the full one - both options.

How long did you wait before closing down your computer? Did you do it by cutting the power?

Cheers

solbjerg

Ran defrag, then deep optimize and the computer froze during optimize and computer will not start up? Help

Which version of Windows operating-system is used on your computer?

If the above suggestions don't work, try booting using a Windows Boot CD or OS disk DVD, depending on which version and disk you have?

That will let you know if there is a problem with the Boot data on hard-drive.

If you can get Windows to load using CD and not the hard-drive, try running System-Restore to restore the hard-drive data.

http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Cheers

solbjerg

Which version of Windows operating-system is used on your computer?

If the above suggestions don't work, try booting using a Windows Boot CD or OS disk DVD, depending on which version and disk you have?

That will let you know if there is a problem with the Boot data on hard-drive.

If you can get Windows to load using CD and not the hard-drive, try running System-Restore to restore the hard-drive data.

I don't know if it happened in this case, but I was thinking that we should post a :arrow:Warning:!:

Running SD in 'Deep-optimize' mode can take a very Long Time to complete, (like 4 or 5 hours or more)

especially if on a large drive with a lot of data that has not been optimized recently.

So be sure to wait until it completes, or click the 'stop' button in SD before powering down the computer.

I know this mistake is easy to do, since I've almost done it myself. :oops:

Hi Toppack

True!

I do think that I have mentioned it a couple of times, but perhaps not in connection with Deep optimize - don't remember where though.

You are welcome to explain the reasons behind it, and I will then place the post as a link in Usage of IObit Programs with a thanks to you!

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't know if it happened in this case, but I was thinking that we should post a :arrow:Warning:!:

Running SD in 'Deep-optimize' mode can take a very Long Time to complete,

especially if on a large drive with a lot of data that has not been optimized recently.

So be sure to wait until it completes, or click the 'stop' button in SD before powering down the computer.

I know this mistake is easy to do, since I've almost done it myself. :oops:

Hi Toppack

True!

I do think that I have mentioned it a couple of times, but perhaps not in connection with Deep optimize - don't remember where though.

You are welcome to explain the reasons behind it, and I will then place the post as a link in Usage of IObit Programs with a thanks to you!

Cheers

solbjerg

I was Only thinking about doing the above Warning in this thread.:shock:

I'm really Not the one to try to explain Why it takes So much Time, I Only know that it Does. :grin:

I think what I said above is about the extent of my knowledge on the subject, but I'd be happy to help any way I can.

There IS a small Warning sentence displayed in SD when the deep-optimize option is selected, but I don't think most people realize how Very Long it can take.

Hi Toppack

I wasn't thinking about the lenght of time a defragmentation can take.

(that's for super-experts) :-)

I was thinking of closing the program in the middle of a defragmentation - because one thinks that it has stopped or frozen - by pulling the plug.

If one is unlucky enough one might experience that a power failure comes right in the middle of a defragmentation, and this can sometimes make the computer malfunction.

Cheers

solbjerg

I was Only thinking about doing the above Warning in this thread.:shock:

I'm really Not the one to try to explain Why it takes So much Time, I Only know that it Does. :grin:

I think what I said above is about the extent of my knowledge on the subject, but I'd be happy to help any way I can.

There IS a small Warning sentence displayed in SD when the deep-optimize option is selected, but I don't think most people realize how Very Long it can take.

I was thinking of closing the program in the middle of a defragmentation - because one thinks that it has stopped or frozen - by pulling the plug.

Yes, that can happen very easily also, since the graphs are sometime moving So slowly when doing a deep-optimize.

If one is unlucky enough one might experience that a power failure comes right in the middle of a defragmentation, and this can sometimes make the computer malfunction.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, If you're that Unlucky, I guess there's not much you can do but 'Bend over and Kiss it Goodbye' :lol:

Archived