IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Toolbox 1.1 and SD 2.0 beta 1

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I uninstalled SD 1.5, then installed SD 2.0 beta 1. It installed without any hiccups. I very much like the new look - its GUI is now in keeping with IObit's Toolbox 1.1.

Thus far of the features of SD 2.0 beta 1 which I have tried as far as I can tell all have worked a-ok: there have not been any noticed slow-downs or unexplainable glitches on my machine. Of course any further optimizations in the speed of which SD is able to Defrag, Defrag and Fast Optimize, and Defrag and Fully Optimize the drive is always welcome. Maybe SD can take top honours among competitors in the speed of which it performs its tasks. ;-) (I know the three S's are important, speed, stability, and safety, and as much as possible one ought not to sacrifice one for another.)

On another note, when using IObit's Toolbox 1.1 and clicking on Smart Defrag (found under Toolbox's Optimize listing) the installed Smart Defrag 2.0 does not open up; instead the webpage to SD version 1.5 opens up. I have also done a clean install of Smart Defrag 2.0 into the following folder, "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag\SmartDefrag.exe" but with the same unsuccessful results when using the Toolbox to open it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Laurence

Hi LaurenceJ,

Here is an idea that works.

1) When installing Smart Defrag 2, install it to the folder:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag

2) Rename SmartDefrag.exe to IObit SmartDefrag.exe

Do not forget to change the target in properties of the shortcut icons on desktop, etc..

P.S. Now one thing is left; The icon on the IObit Toolbox GUI.

If you are intersted to change that too, it is possible also, but I would wait for IObit to change all that.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

That did the trick: uninstalling SD 2.0, then installing it into the old SD 1.5 folder and renaming the executable as instructed. (End result: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe"). Now all works as expected.

Thank you kindly.

Laurence

Archived