IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag Server Question

Hi

We have just purchased SmartDefrag Server 2010 with the intention of installing it on our servers so that we can use it to perform regular background defrags and scheduled defrags, etc. However on further investigation I see that we cannot run SmartDefrag Server 2010 as a service and therefore when we logout of our server the applications shuts down.

My question is, does anyone know whether SmartDefrag Server 2010 will be able to run as a service in future versions?

Many Thanks

Hi

My question is, does anyone know whether SmartDefrag Server 2010 will be able to run as a service in future versions?

Many Thanks

Isn't SmartDefrag Server 2010 the same software as the free version-1.5?

I would Also like to know if there are plans to do a true Server-Service version of SD.

That would Really be Cool. :-D

The whole Network could be defraged automaticly from the server.

I doubt that version would be free tho. :?

Oh well, I would buy it, if the price was less than a case of Beer. :-D

Hi ndobier,

As to either the Smart Defrag Home (free, and not server edition) or Business (pay-for, server product) product, although requested in the forums' past postings, from what I have read thus far there is not yet any official statement from IObit regarding when or if either edition will ever run as a Windows Service. But I could have easily missed something in the postings!

Although I have never tried any of the following, I read on the Net that depending upon the program, even though not specifically designed to run as a Windows Service, there are work-arounds to make certain programs do just that. Two such links are found here and here.

If you choose to give such a work-around a try, I sure hope that all goes well and you don't bring something crashing down! :shock:

Concerning future versions of Smart Defrag Server edition, hopefully someone in the know (and that is certainly and absolutely not me) may be able to answer your question more directly.

All the best,

Laurence

Archived