IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag v2 Beta 3.0

I'm testing 3.0 now.

The first thing I noticed was the Improvement in ability to control Column-widths at top of main window. (Volume, Status, etc.) :grin:

(In 2.0 I could never get the Status column width adjusted wide enough)

I will continue to Check-It-Out. :wink:

It appears that 'Fully' optimize is Still doing the same thing as 'Fast' optimize, if they are not reversed ?

BTW- 3.0 Installs Over version 2.0, (replaces it) and keeps settings of 2.0.

So there is No need to first Uninstall 2.0 before installing 3.0

I like the 'Add a File or Folder' capibility, which allows you to defrag a single file or folder. :grin:

Much faster than doing a complete drive when only a single folder needs fixing.

It took me a little while to Find the red-X to Remove them from list though? :grin:

The 'User Guide Manual' is a link to a website page, which is okay as long the computer is connected to internet.

The Manual has Good basic Information, but more detailed Info would help in some areas. IObit will probably be adding to it later though, which will be easy to do with it being on website page.

Hi Toppack,

That's odd: here when I click on Support | User Manual of the SD 2 Beta 3.0 window it opens up the "Smart Defrag 2 Quick Start Guide" and said Guide is found on my hard drive in C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\Help\ folder. (Thus no need for Internet access to look at it.)

regards,

Laurence

Hi Toppack,

That's odd: here when I click on Support | User Manual of the SD 2 Beta 3.0 window it opens up the "Smart Defrag 2 Quick Start Guide" and said Guide is found on my hard drive in C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\Help\ folder. (Thus no need for Internet access to look at it.)

regards,

Laurence

Oops, My Bad!

Since it brought up the Internet-Browser I assumed it went to a URL.

I did not look at address location. :oops:

Thanks for correcting me.

But now that means that IObit probably Won't be adding More Info as needed? :roll:

Dragging

"Dragging problem with content of windows":

In version 3.0, when I move the program window, the content is active (in sd2 beta 2 the program only drag without content) and windows of system is ok. I'm testing all features and I will confirm if this bug is corrected (in Vista Business Edition for now)

Thanks

Dragging problem resolved

Dragging problem in Vista x86 is resolved. I can't see the error anymore.

I have another problem with beta 3.0 version. I have "Launch SD2 with windows startup" option checked and If I choose "Boot in next boot", this option are not checked when I restart.

Thanks

Hi forocomic,

I confirm that dragging with content bug is solved.

By default, the Boot Time defrag option is reverted to "Every 7 days first boot" choice after Windows startup.

I agree that the users choice should be kept until changed by the user.

Cheers.

boot time defrag

Hi forocomic,

I confirm that dragging with content bug is solved.

By default, the Boot Time defrag option is reverted to "Every 7 days first boot" choice after Windows startup.

I agree that the users choice should be kept until changed by the user.

Cheers.

I know this....but I say that the option "launch SD2 in startup" is not checked when I run a boot time defrag and restart! and I had this option checked before choose boot time defrag!

Thanks

Hi,

I have 3 remarks about this build 3.0

- the bug regarding file exclusion based on size seems solved, now this setting is correctly carried out so far, even after restarting the application :grin:

- the smartdrv.sys driver is now removed after uninstallaion :grin:

- on another XP PC, as soon as it is started, CPU climbs to 50% usage (100% of one of the two cores) and the application is barely responsible even after wating for more than 10 min. With 1.5 version, I have the same behavior except it returns to normal after 30 sec. With beta 2.00 it was working as in 1.5, but beta 3.00 is unusable on this machine. :-(

And one more : I find it very slow on FAT32 partition (Analysis step)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived