IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag Pro is only partially effective

Edward27821

Hoping this screenshot describes the issue.

I've tried each Defrag option. Booted in safemode . enabled boottime defrag.

Nothing gets below 6.3% [ATTACH=CONFIG]n214703[/ATTACH]

Unable to upload system report (created by IObit software) So here's a link.

http://edwardnc.org/Private/System-I...on-Report.html

This has only been happening a week or so.

Hi Edward27621,

The link is in Smart Defrag Pro 4.3 (4.3.0.926) is available! [November 12, 2015] topic. (You can find the latest releases of all IObit products in NEWS & UPDATES! section.)

Are you using a laptop (Notebook PC),i.e. on battery?

Check the settings if the defrag is not allowed when on battery. Use the power cord and see if the defrag is done (Or, uncheck the option.)

Also check if you have adjusted a size limit for defragmentation.

Before doing the above, please take a screenshot of the settings similar to the attached image.

Cheers.

@enoskype Thank you!

No. A 2005 DELL Dim3000 WinXP . IObit software (and a few others) keeps it running well. Usually faster than my (disappointing) new HP15 laptop (constant unresponsive software).

No limit set. However the culprit seems to be a massive (9.4g) text file. I have disabled logging in System Explorer and deleted the file.

Will reply again with results soon.

Worth trying!

It should be in one piece when rewritten to HDD.

Cheers

That was my thought. I'll try it next time. Can't do it now because I deleted the file (too large for recycle bin).

I noticed a similar issue (a 15g file) in another thread. Left a link to this thread.

That was my thought. I'll try it next time. Can't do it now because I deleted the file (too large for recycle bin).

I noticed a similar issue (a 15g file) in another thread. Left a link to this thread.

Hi,

Please try our latest beta version of the Smart Defrag V5.0 to see how it works.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/smart_defrag_beta.html

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Please try our latest beta version of the Smart Defrag V5.0 to see how it works.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...frag_beta.html

Thanks

Running SD-B5 for first time on a W-10 machine (Defragmenting and Optimizing)... Taking a while, but I think I like it!

Will also try on W-XP machine later.

Guessing that license can be transferred to B5?

Is there a thread for B5? Link?

Hi Edwards,

Pro version for Smart Defrag 5 is not available yet. It is still on beta phase.

As you know from the previous versions, Setup file for PRO version is a different setup file.

There is still NO setup file for PRO version of recently released Smart Defrag 4.4 (4.4.0.849)

Please wait for the release of Smart Defrag 5 to use the license..

Cheers

Archived