IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why setup v4 is twice zipped exe?

BugDigger

Thank you for feedback. Steps:

1) run SD4 beta

2) run "Check for updates" -> new version 4.0.2.690 is available

3) press button "download"

4) browser opens http://ru.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag/ , big green button "download for free" with URL http://update-programs.com/iobit/defragsetup.zip

Note: zip file

5) download the archive, open it. It contains defragsetup.zip which contains defragsetup.exe, 127 984 bytes (very short).

In Iobits defense Cicely did reply and you answered her inquiry 2 days later (not saying its anyones fault). However with that delay in answer that has given Cicely only 4 days to look into this issue. She is usually pretty thorough in my experience here and is probably looking into this issue now. She may need to go through various channels to find the answer but I am sure when she has one she will post it here for you :) I do feel it is unprofessional for a moderator to imply that IOBit does not care. I have been involved in most of there beta's (been using IOBit ASC since ASCU 5).

In Iobits defense Cicely did reply and you answered her inquiry 2 days later (not saying its anyones fault). However with that delay in answer that has given Cicely only 4 days to look into this issue. She is usually pretty thorough in my experience here and is probably looking into this issue now. She may need to go through various channels to find the answer but I am sure when she has one she will post it here for you :) I do feel it is unprofessional for a moderator to imply that IOBit does not care. I have been involved in most of there beta's (been using IOBit ASC since ASCU 5).

You have a strange understanding of professionalism. As a Moderator I am also a forum member and a user of Iobit products. This entitles me to an opinion, the same as you. It in no way contradicts my role as a Moderator.

Regarding your comments, which are pure speculation on your part and full of assumptions. You have no idea what Cicely is or is not doing at present. You may consider re-evaluating your views on professionalism.

Additionally, my comment regarding Iobit caring, was not given in haste, but due to the fact that this is not an isolated incident, as other users are also experiencing lack of feedback.

Also, my comments were not aimed at Cicely, for whom I have great respect, but at Iobit as a whole. You are the one who singled out Cicely.

I mentioned Cicely because she did respond. I also greatly respect Cicely and even said she was probably delayed by having to go through all the channels to look into it. I never said one bad thing about Cicely. I simply said she is thorough and is probably looking into it. "Also, my comments were not aimed at Cicely, for whom I have great respect, but at Iobit as a whole." If you have a huge problem with IOBit as a whole it should be aired internally amongst you all not on the forum for it to be mistaken. You being a moderator and saying no one cares is unprofessional. My understanding was that this forum was to help consumers with their issues and concerns. As a moderator private or otherwise your words are taken as a direct representation of the company. Therefore it is you who needs to really examine you definition of professionalism.

TJB1982

Obviously, you are determined to continue to base your reasoning on guesswork.

Firstly, we do not work for Iobit, nor are we part of Iobit. This Forum is made up of everyday users who volunteer their time.

Cicely, is the Iobit liason with the forum.

Yes, the forum makes every effort to assist all users with their issues, but when an item is beyond members ability to resolve the issue, we rely on Iobit interaction/assistance to resolve the issue.

I would recommend that, in future you would obtain the correct facts before you comment.

As for your opinion as to how I should or should not behave....it will remain your opinion, and will not impact my efforts or methods to assist users and critique Iobit when required.

TJB1982

Obviously, you are determined to continue to base your reasoning on guesswork.

Firstly, we do not work for Iobit, nor are we part of Iobit. This Forum is made up of everyday users who volunteer their time.

Cicely, is the Iobit liason with the forum.

Yes, the forum makes every effort to assist all users with their issues, but when an item is beyond members ability to resolve the issue, we rely on Iobit interaction/assistance to resolve the issue.

I would recommend that, in future you would obtain the correct facts before you comment.

As for your opinion as to how I should or should not behave....it will remain your opinion, and will not impact my efforts or methods to assist users and critique Iobit when required.

I wasn't "quessing" and I already knew you didn't work directly for IOBIt my point was that your comments are taken as a representation of IOBit. I happen to know that many people don't. Forgive me for defending them while you did not. I have had different experiences with them than you have. It may not be your obligation to work it out with them privately but it is the right thing to do. If you have such a problem with their practices than why volunteer here? If they are that bad than why support them? If Cicely is the only liason for the forum what was your original comment really saying about her? Please stop talking to me like I am ignorant because I really do know. I have volunteered on other forums/sites to help run them and have never conducted myself in that manner. I have been on THIS forum for years and never had a problem with anyone. I really don't have a problem with you I was simply pointing out how your comment comes across. It's not constructive criticism. It gives them a bad image in the public eye. This is the official forum linked on there webpage. It is discouraging when a new customer comes on here and see's forum staff complaining about a company. My original comment was not long at all. It is you who made a bunch of assumptions and got defensive with me. You keep saying its your opinion and thats fine but it is you who failed to respect my opinion. Do not turn it around on me like I did something wrong.

I am absolutely sure that the majority of users would prefer to know that the mods/admins of this forum will always be honest with them, and not be biased towards iobit. I act per my conscience. I am also sure that Iobit have no problem with positive and negative criticism. This is what makes it a great product. You obviously have an opinion as to how the forum should work but unfortunately it does not coincide with how the forum actually works. The fact that I, as a moderator, am taking the time to discuss this with you, should tell you that this is a user forum, and open to all opinions. On most forums this discussion would not happen. So, in order to avoid boring everybody and pandering to your need to continuously justify your point of view, this is my last comment on this topic.

Hi Scannan and TJB1982,

Sincerely apologize for my late reply. If I could read the replied timely, everything will be better. Sorry again. :-)

The zip file is the special way in Russia. It means users in other countries will not get the zip file when they update. Well, if there are many Russian users that they think this way is not convenient, we may make changes in the future.

@Scannan, I was touched to find that you are so considerate.

@TJB1982, I am sorry that I did not reply to you timely. The same situation will not happen again except some special situations such as holiday. Believe me. :-)

OK, thank you for your answer.

The zip file is the special way in Russia

He-he. Why? :-)

they think this way is not convenient

This is not inconvenient but suspicious. As I already mentioned in other thread: "This is serious issue because it looks as cracked reference on your site. Yes, it can be legal download but zipped exes are often virus files." Double zipped exe is even doubly suspicious. :-)

OK, now I'm downloading the regular installer using URL given in

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/smart-defrag/smart-defrag-v4/202387-send-your-feedback-for-smart-defrag-v4/page18?_=1420784199771

• 2 months later...

My SmDefrag 4.0.3.725 is informing me about new version.

1) Click on download button opens ...

"Advanced SystemCare Free"

http://ru.iobit.com/?to=freeurl&lan=&name=sd&ver=4.0.3.725

instead of SmDefrag page

2) Download on product page

http://ru.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag/

is still double zipped exe. :-(

Where can I download regular installer for new version?

Archived