IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issue with Boot Defrag

HanFox

Hi HanFox,

Which drive is your USB keyboard shown on your computer? C, D, or else?

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD4InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

My problem sounds just like his so I'm posting my info here:

Smart Defrag Free - Defrag and Fully Optimize ran fine on the C: drive (about 45 minutes). I then turned on Boot Time Defrag on the C: drive and Restarted the system.

I message appeared "Initializing keyboard". After less than a minute another message appeared "Unable to initialize keyboard, process will not continue". I'm guessing it may be because both the keyboard and the mouse are wireless so after sending this I'll try hooking up a wired keyboard.

I still have the wireless keyboard and mouse attached. I ran the TestDemo.exe and the zipped file is attached.

tadams61

• 2 months later...

Just as it's been a while since I first posted this (and I actually haven't even had a Windows installation again until the other day) I'd just like to state this issue still occurs for me on 4.2.1.817. Which is a shame.

It's hard to understand that it "cannot be solved" without an actual explanation as to why as, like I said earlier, it used to work before SD4.

Hi HanFox,

I have forwarded your situation to our product team for testing, hope it can be figured out and solved soon in next version.

We'd like to mentioned that the keyboard initialization failure will not affect disk defragmentation performance.

We appreciate your understanding.

Hi there.....Im having the same problem with the "Initializing Keyboard Failure" message on boot defrag.....both wired and wireless keyboard have the same problem

Wired Keyboard ---> Logitech Media Keyboard K200 ( http://support.logitech.com/product/media-keyboard-k200 )

Wireless Keboard ---> Logitech Unifying Wireless Keyboard K230 ( http://support.logitech.com/product/...-keyboard-k230 )

Smart Defrag ---> 4.2.0.815

• 1 month later...

All this debug files and stuff are awesome... if I could get into my s.o. It gets stucked on that "inizializating keyboard and registry" screen but it does nothing more than that. How am I supposed to install anything? :(

Fyi i'm on win8 and my bios obviously recognizes the generic keyboard. How could i procceed in this case??

• 3 months later...

My system downloaded the latest updates for System Care (free), Mal ware and smart defrag yesterday and now it doesn't initialize the keyboard (Logitech mk 300 wireless). Since I can't get past the login page because the keyboard allegedly doesn't exist I can't start it in safe mode to turn off the boot time defrag.Short of a mechanical agitation device, how do I solve this?

• 1 month later...

I managed to overcome the keyboard initialization problem. I went into bios and disabled legacy usb, then I let the computer boot, then restarted into bios again and re enabled legacy usb. Then it worked fine on the next boot up at the same time i disabled and enabled Intel virtualization technology exactly as with the legacy usb but I'm pretty sure that was irrelevant ) hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Just built a new PC dual booting Win 7 x64 and Win 10 x64. Boot defrag runs just fine when booting Windows 7, but it cannot detect my Saitek Eclipse USB keyboard when booting Windows 10. This would seem to indicate that it is related to how Windows 10 initializes devices. Such a shame. Hope it's fixed soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived