IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

After installation of smart defrag 4 on launch pc shutdown

rickymadness

Hello i'm new here :) i've been using smart defrag for a while as other products of iobit and i got the same issue with advanced systemcare 8. But lets get to the actual problem and i hope some has a solution to this fact. When i install Smart defrag 4 it has no issues at all but when i try to launch the program my pc shows blue screen of death and shutsdown. any ideas what the problem might be?

best regards rickymadness

Hi rickymadness,

Welcome to IObit Forum. :)

Please find and zip all files under C:\windows\Minidump and send them to us.

Also, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/SDInfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

have tried lots of things when in safe mode pc still loads the program and after it my mouse stops moving and then my screen goes blank and pc restarts.

Where do i send this zip file and minidump cannot be found. the time to make the dump pc already crashed i've been searching everywhere but that map does not exist.

Hi rickymadness,

Please refer to the steps below to enable minidump so that when you encounter blue screen, it will record the blue screen related errors in Minidump folder and send to us for analyzing.

1. Right click “Computer” and select “Properties”.

2. Click “Advanced system settings”.

3. Click “Settings” under “Startup and Recovery” in the open window.

4. Tick “Write an event to the system log” and select “Small memory dump” under “write debugging information”. And then click “OK” button.

5. Please find Minidump folder under C:\Windows. Zip all files under this folder and send it to us when blue screen happens.

Instructions can be also found at http://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/how-to-configure-windows-to-create-minidump-files-on-bsod/

Then please reinstall the latest version of Smart Defrag from http://update.iobit.com/dl/smart-defrag-setup.exe to see how it works.

If the issue continues, please find and send us the minidump file and the zip file, you can attach the files in your post.

Thanks very much. :)

Sorry but te Minidump does not exist... i tried Smart defrag 3 untill latest all crashes my pc... I also do not know why my pc does not create dump files.. Recently installed windows 10 and the problem still remains only this time my pc screen goes blank and then i have to reset my pc manually.

@rickymadness

Have you tried uninstalling Smart Defrag completely. You can use Iobit Uninstaller for this, and run the Powerful Scan function to remove all leftover items.

When you reinstall Smart Defrag, go to settings and ensure that Boot time defrag is disabled. Then see if SD will perform without issues.

Archived