IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag, why so different?

rob72

Hi, Would be pleased if it could be explained to me, (without been too technical) the differences in using Smart Defrag 4 and the disk defrag/ optimise tools in care in latest ASC pro, is there a need to use both, or is one better than the other? cannot evaluate the differences from reading the manuels, would love to know, thanks in anticipation.

Hi rob72,

In summary they are the same defrag engines and algorithms, but Smart Defrag is more comprehensive and versatile.

My advice is to use Smart Defrag stand alone program if you have it installed.

Not using defrag function of ASC will considerably shorten the Scan and Repair Time. of ASC.

I hope this non-technical information is sufficient, but if you have specific questions please shoot.

To have more knowledge of defragmentation, I would suggest to read the posts in Think about Defragmentation!!! topic.

Cheers.

Archived