IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boot time defrag

den4

I have recently built a new pc with Win 7 64 bit and 2 SSDs- Cand F drives. Installed SD5 and it wants to do a boot time defrag on the C drive once a week- despite it being a SSD. SD5 knows it is an SSD when I run SD5 so that is not the problem.

Boot time defrag is turned OFF for the C drive but it still wants to do it.

Uninstalled SD5 using Iobit uninstaller and cleaned registry using CCleaner.and it still comes up as a boot time defrag. Checked the defrag schedule in Windows and that is turned off.

Right now I have to watch for it coming up when I boot up so I can ESC out of it before it defrags the SSd anyway.

Please advise.

Hello Den4,

Welcome to our forum.

Do you mean Smart Defrag still comes up as a boot time defrag even you clean uninstalled Smart Defrag?

And to look into the issue, please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello Cicely

Yes , Smart defrag still tries to boot time defrag once a week despite having been uninstalled. And despite the fact that the C drive in a Solid State Drive. I have to be ready to catch it and press ESC before it does the defrag.

I have run the tool and the report is attached.

Hi Den4,

After checking the log, we found that Smart Defrag is definitely cleaned from your PC. We guess it may not be the progress of Boot Time Defrag.

Could you please kindly send us a photo by your phone when you encounter Boot Time Defrag again?

Waiting for your reply.

Archived