IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defragging different physical disks at the same time

DARKKi

Hi!

I have an suggestion and the biggest one is that it would be nice to defrag different physical disks at the same time and not wait those in queue when you select multiple disks to defrag. Would this be possible or is there something that would hamper this kind operation? Some other defraggers offer this ability and that's why i wondered why it is not present here.

Also wanted to ask about defragging itself. When defragging will the program copy the content into memory and then back to harddisk or is there some other way it works? If that is so is there some limit how much memory it can use?

And for some reason idle defragging has not been working for me for a while, is there some things that could prevent it from activating itself or option to start/stop it?

Thanks for the best defrag program there is and keep up the good work!

Hello Darkki,

Welcome to our forum.

It is very grateful that you love our product and give us suggestion. However, defragging different disks at the same time would slow down your PC and cause a very high usage of CPU. What's worse, it may cause crash of PC. So we may not make it realized to defrag different disks at the same time.

Any of your opinion and suggestion of our product is appreciated.

Have a nice day

Hello Darkki,

Welcome to our forum.

It is very grateful that you love our product and give us suggestion. However, defragging different disks at the same time would slow down your PC and cause a very high usage of CPU. What's worse, it may cause crash of PC. So we may not make it realized to defrag different disks at the same time.

Any of your opinion and suggestion of our product is appreciated.

Have a nice day

Thanks for the answer!

Could it be possible to add that as option and tell people that it may cause problems? I hate to use some other defragging program when multiple disks are fragmented so i can defrag them at same time to save much more time than defragging them one by one.

What about my other questions? ;)

Also wanted to ask about defragging itself. When defragging will the program copy the content into memory and then back to harddisk or is there some other way it works? If that is so is there some limit how much memory it can use?

And for some reason idle defragging has not been working for me for a while, is there some things that could prevent it from activating itself or option to start/stop it?

Thanks for the answer!

Could it be possible to add that as option and tell people that it may cause problems? I hate to use some other defragging program when multiple disks are fragmented so i can defrag them at same time to save much more time than defragging them one by one.

What about my other questions? ;)

Hi Darkki,

It is my pleasure to answer your question. :)

We will convey your suggestion about the option to tell people know defragging different disks at same time will cause problems to the product manager.

About the defragging, it doesn't copy the content into memory and then back to disk. It works as moving the files from the sector of disk to another sector and nothing is related to the memory when defragging.

I'm sorry to hear that Auto Defrag didn't work. Could you please check if it is helpful?

Please select Defragment when fragmentation rate exceeds "Always defrag" in Auto Defrag. And in the following 2 days, please don't degrag to see if it will work.

If it still doesn't work, please help us to look into it.

Please send us a screenshot of the window of Auto Defrag in Settings.

Please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a good time

Hi Darkki,

It is my pleasure to answer your question. :)

We will convey your suggestion about the option to tell people know defragging different disks at same time will cause problems to the product manager.

About the defragging, it doesn't copy the content into memory and then back to disk. It works as moving the files from the sector of disk to another sector and nothing is related to the memory when defragging.

I'm sorry to hear that Auto Defrag didn't work. Could you please check if it is helpful?

Please select Defragment when fragmentation rate exceeds "Always defrag" in Auto Defrag. And in the following 2 days, please don't degrag to see if it will work.

If it still doesn't work, please help us to look into it.

Please send us a screenshot of the window of Auto Defrag in Settings.

Please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a good time

Thanks for conveying my suggestion!

Oh. I thought it would use memory as it would be faster to process it like that or another HDD/SDD but there is possibility of data loss then if computer crashes or am i completely off the point? :)

And i have kept Always Defrag enabled for months now and it never does it :( Here is the link to picture (Attachment did not work) http://puu.sh/qPdtp/e1da67da1a.png

Where should i send the report btw? (I did not want to attach it here)

http://puu.sh/qPdtp/e1da67da1a.png

Hello Darkki,

I guess you missed the small icon at the top left of the window when you edit message.http://forums.iobit.com/core/images/icons/icon11.png

Have a try?

I'm waiting for your file. :)

I did know how to send link or attachment but did not want it to be public but it looked trough the files and i am comfortable sending them so here we go :)

Hi there,

:oops: After analyzing the file you sent to us, we found that you didn't tick any disk to auto defrag. Would you please check it would auto defrag after you tick the option?

You can refer to the screenshot attached.

Hope it works. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Just saying:

I would think that t's easy for one of us to overlook the checkbox when the info is so scattered about rather than methodically placed, especially if more than 3 partitions are the subject. A list of drives with a column pertaining to auto defrag would be much more obvious to the average user. Edward Tufte's "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information" and such works are useful reading for UI layout if not interaction.

Just saying:

I would think that t's easy for one of us to overlook the checkbox when the info is so scattered about rather than methodically placed, especially if more than 3 partitions are the subject. A list of drives with a column pertaining to auto defrag would be much more obvious to the average user. Edward Tufte's "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information" and such works are useful reading for UI layout if not interaction.

Hello ITgreybeard,

It is very grateful that you share your opinion with us. We will consider it very carefully.

You are more than welcome to let us know your opinions about our products.

Cheers.8:)

• 1 month later...
Hi there,

:oops: After analyzing the file you sent to us, we found that you didn't tick any disk to auto defrag. Would you please check it would auto defrag after you tick the option?

You can refer to the screenshot attached.

Hope it works. LOL

Sorry for late reply, seems like i have missed the notification of replies in this topic.

Oh, damn. Now i feel like an idiot :D

Well at least the problem is now solved :) I might remember this wrongly but was that auto-defrag in settings in previous version where you could choose the drives to auto-defrag or something similar to it? The GUI for that was a bit hard to find to be honest and no mention about it in settings -> auto defrag.

And so to be clear there will not be any multi-physical-drive defrag coming ever even with warning? :)

Archived