IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Smart Defrag v6

Cicely

Hi All,

Good news! Smart Defrag v6 Final has been released. This new version has new UI with great improvements. Check it out and enjoy the new features. :-):-):-):-):-)

1. Download Now

2. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: sdfeedback@iobit.com

- Join discussion on our forums.

We have picked out the top 20 most valuable beta contributors for SD 6 and presented them a license code for SD 6 Pro for 1 year as promised.

parkd1, ektorbarajas, roger_m, John Bennett, WD Jackson, E.C.Brocklehurst, Doris Garrett, Ray Haynes, Roger Noble, Daryl, Stephen Foss, luis manriquez, Dragan, Sandy Lightfoot, Simon McMullen, kostas, Raymond Willbanks, John, Dr Charles Voluse, Bennie.

3. Share Smart Defrag 6 with your families, friends, and colleagues

4. What's New

+ Perfectly compatible with the latest Windows 10 version 1803.

+ Improved Defrag Engine for ultra-fast defrag.

+ Improved algorithm to organize files for quicker access.

+ Expanded Disk Cleanup database to free up more disk space.

+ Optimized operation process for better user experience.

+ Greatly increased the success rate of sending feedback.

+ Started a new round of Lucky Draw.

+ More user-friendly installation process.

+ New Readable skin and more intuitive interface.

+ Supported 40 languages.

* And more can be discovered by you.

5. Description:

Smart Defrag 6 is a reliable, stable, yet easy-to-use disk optimizer designed for peak hard drive performance. Unlike other traditional disk defragmenters which only provide defragmentation, Smart Defrag 6 also intelligently streamlines your files based on using frequency to accelerate disk data access.

With the improved IObit disk defrag engine, Smart Defrag 6 not only defrags your HDD but also trims your SSD to accelerate disk access speed and enhance disk durability. And Smart Defrag 6 specially optimized ?the file organization algorithm on Windows 10. To make it more powerful, Smart Defrag 6 also delivers several other useful features. Boot Time Defrag can defrag Windows registry to release more occupied RAM and ensure the system stability while you can customize Boot Time Defrag as per your needs. Meanwhile, Auto Defrag and Scheduled Defrag ensure your disks are always optimized to their top performance. Furthermore, Game Optimize is designed to offer gamers ultra-smooth gaming experience. The last but not the least, Disk Health can help you monitor your disk status in real-time.

I know that Smart Defrag currently has a feature to check HDD and SSD S.M.A.R.T. attributes; but this in ONLY checked on demand when the user clicks that icon.

Would be great to go way beyond the competitors and make Smary Defrag to ALWAYS monitor not only the SMART attributes but the OVERALL HDD and SSD Health and performance!!!

In this case smart defrag will be smartest and will help in being proactive about HDDs and SSDs status, tear and worn.

And to make this even way better:

To implement a cloud storage feature (perhaps using Dropbox, box, OneDrive, etc.) to store the data across time for each and every HDD and SSD being worked by Smart defrag. I know that SMART attributes are stored inside each HDD and SSD, but other parameters and statistics to further enhance HDD and SSD health and performance can be implemented by IObit and to never loose track of those parameters to store them at the Cloud.

Would love to give it a spin and see how well it works with the new Windows 10 version 1803 that just came out. Can not Wait. Bring on the testing.

Hello parkd1,

This is Cicely from IObit.

We are glad to inform you that you can download

Smart Defrag 6 RC now. Your any suggestion or feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers!

8:)

I know that Smart Defrag currently has a feature to check HDD and SSD S.M.A.R.T. attributes; but this in ONLY checked on demand when the user clicks that icon.

Would be great to go way beyond the competitors and make Smary Defrag to ALWAYS monitor not only the SMART attributes but the OVERALL HDD and SSD Health and performance!!!

In this case smart defrag will be smartest and will help in being proactive about HDDs and SSDs status, tear and worn.

And to make this even way better:

To implement a cloud storage feature (perhaps using Dropbox, box, OneDrive, etc.) to store the data across time for each and every HDD and SSD being worked by Smart defrag. I know that SMART attributes are stored inside each HDD and SSD, but other parameters and statistics to further enhance HDD and SSD health and performance can be implemented by IObit and to never loose track of those parameters to store them at the Cloud.

Hello ektorbarajas,

Thumbs up Thank you so much for your precious suggestion. I have forwarded it to our product Team for consideration.

With all your support and suggestions, we will make our product better.

Cheers!

The new RC is working well. My suggestion is to fix the "Estimate Remaining Time." The remaining time shown, is never accurate and keeps changing, when doing a defrag.

Hi roger_m

Thank you very much for your feedback. However, the remaining time is estimated according to the situation, such as the size of the fragmentations, the size of the file being moved. It is very normal that the time is changing in the progress of defragment.

Anyway, we will keep improving our products. Cheers! 8:)

Hi roger_m

Thank you very much for your feedback. However, the remaining time is estimated according to the situation, such as the size of the fragmentations, the size of the file being moved. It is very normal that the time is changing in the progress of defragment.

I understand that, but surely it can be made somewhat more accurate. For example the shown remaining time may be about a minute, then it jumps up to several minutes and in a few minutes may increase again.

I understand that, but surely it can be made somewhat more accurate. For example the shown remaining time may be about a minute, then it jumps up to several minutes and in a few minutes may increase again.

Yes, we know that the time may increase while defragging, which is unavoidable.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have attempted to upgrade two machines from SmartDefrag 5 to SmartDefrag 6 and both machines lock up during the install of the SmartDefrag 6 program.

Resetting the machine it will lockup immediately when the program installed loads something during the boot process.

I have to re-boot to SafeMode and physically delete the program folder.

I can then re-boot the machine and without the SmartDefrag files existing the machine continues to boot and I have control of the machines again without SmartDefrag installed.

This is obviously a severe problem and software conflict with these two machines !!!

The machines are running Windows 10 x64 Version 1803

One is an i7-3770K machine with an ASUS Motherboard. The other machine is an i7-4770K machine also with an ASUS Motherboard.

Can anyone please help?

I have attempted to upgrade two machines from SmartDefrag 5 to SmartDefrag 6 and both machines lock up during the install of the SmartDefrag 6 program.

Resetting the machine it will lockup immediately when the program installed loads something during the boot process.

I have to re-boot to SafeMode and physically delete the program folder.

I can then re-boot the machine and without the SmartDefrag files existing the machine continues to boot and I have control of the machines again without SmartDefrag installed.

This is obviously a severe problem and software conflict with these two machines !!!

The machines are running Windows 10 x64 Version 1803

One is an i7-3770K machine with an ASUS Motherboard. The other machine is an i7-4770K machine also with an ASUS Motherboard.

Can anyone please help?

Hi there,

We are sorry about the problem you encountered.

Could you please help us to look into the issue?

To look into the issue, please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SDInfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

We also need you to send us Minidump file.

Please download the tool from http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DumpCollector.exe.

Run it and click collect. You will find a file on your desktop. Please send this file to us.

Please send the requested files to sdfeedback@iobit.com.

Waiting for your email.

http://testdemo.iobit.com/SDInfoHelper.exe

• 4 months later...

Hello ektorbarajas,

Thumbs up Thank you so much for your precious suggestion. I have forwarded it to our product Team for consideration.

Cheers!

Hello ektorbarajas,

Cheers!

@Cicely do you have any update or info about this suggestion? I really believe that if iobit manages to implement this for Smart Defrag Pro, this will boost Smart Defrag acceptance and will really make this apart from other defragmenter and optimizers

@Cicely do you have any update or info about this suggestion? I really believe that if iobit manages to implement this for Smart Defrag Pro, this will boost Smart Defrag acceptance and will really make this apart from other defragmenter and optimizers

Hi there,

We are still working on this improvement. We

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I downloaded Smart Defrag 6.3.0.228 from Major Geek about an hour ago. However, the file that was downloaded was not an executable:

smart-defragsetup shown in Windows Explorer as "file" 15,636kb

7-Zip finds lots of files and folders, but I don't seem to be able to find an executable.

Please tell me where I have gone wrong

I downloaded Smart Defrag 6.3.0.228 from Major Geek about an hour ago. However, the file that was downloaded was not an executable:

smart-defragsetup shown in Windows Explorer as "file" 15,636kb

7-Zip finds lots of files and folders, but I don't seem to be able to find an executable.

Please tell me where I have gone wrong

No idea what you did but I strongly recommend deleting whatever you downloaded and run a malware/antivirus scan.

This is the Majorgeeks link for smart defrag. In download locations choose Download@Majorgeeks and you will get the smartdefrag-setup exe file.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_smartdefrag.html

• 6 months later...

I used to be registered under markfleener. I couldn't log in anymore. I tried two different browsers, and my phone. When I tried to log in, it would act as if it was logging me in, but never actually did so. I also tried changing my password. That also didn't work. I then tried the CONTACT link in this website, but it told me that I didn't have permission to contact anyone. I had to create a new account with a different email address to post a question.

• Cicely unpinned this topic