IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My external Hard Drive doesn’t show on Windows Explorer.

George

Oh, I once have the same problem. The power of your harddisk is not enough. I think you should use a USB based harddisk, right? You should plug it in the back USB slot behind your computer but not the front USB slot as the power is not enough to make the hardisk run.

• 3 weeks later...

You did not say how your external drive is connected. Is it a 2.0 drive? Is it in a hub connection? Front/back? If it is 2.0 and PC is not, you need to get a pci 2.0 USB card with external slots. IF it's in a hub and it is not 2.0, first it won't go as fast as it can, and it may not be properly recognized. If you are plugging directly into the back of your PC and it is not recognizing it try creating a restore point then go to manager and remove the usb devices then reboot with drive not connected. Then pc should reinstall the USB drivers and then re-install the HDD. If you have a hub or a front connection, try disconnecting them, shut down, reboot and then re-install them, then the drive. Good Luck!

Archived