IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I cant' run the deep care

Poland

Hi Rick

Whenever you cannot make the program work it is most often either wrong settings or a faulty install or some leftovers making trouble.

All three possibilities can often be cured by performing a "clean install"

(an explanation of that concept can be found as a link in my signature)

I advise you to follow Cicely's advice as a "clean install" (clean out the prior program completely and then install the newest version)

Cheers

solbjerg

What causes this, will downloading the new version fix this problem?

Is Neatness a form of Godliness

Hi

Neatness is often a positiv thing, but if you for example have just recieved a message by telephone and jotted a telephone number down that you will need later - and have left it at the table by the phone it would be contrary to your interest to take the note from the table because it looked like litter and place it in the litter bin.

This is what the High Risk items in the deep clean essentially means and the reason why you should check if it is OK to clean it away.

There can often be a very large number of the socalled High Risk items when deep cleaning the registry for the first time.

The easiest way to deal with that is to not use the Deep clean option by unticking that option in the program setting, - but if you adhere to the sentiment expressed in the caption you should proceed cautiously.

The easiest way in my experience is to order the items according to size or file extention - tick them all and then untick those you are unsure about and keep all ticked that you are sure you won't need.

There will often be some leftovers from uninstalled programs unless you use an uninstaller in the advanced mode.

Likewise the chance of trouble from cleaning away all zero byte files is not especially high and if you are sure that you do not need any thumbnails you could clean those away too.

This action will remove a very high percentage of the reported High Risk items - maybe >99%

If you are one of the sufferes from OCPD (Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder) you should bear in mind that the ultimate cleaning is a formatting of the disk. :-)

My advice is to untick the deep cleaning option - the number of milliseconds saved by a deep cleaning will not be very high anyway - in short don't use it unless you know precisely what you are doing.

Bear in mind that this is my personal layman opinion that I express here.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived