IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

defrag & optimisation: Which prog does it sensibly & best?

I have several freebie defrag programs and they all seem to work well. I do not keep logs on speed/access changes so I have no idea if they actually do what they say. Besides, I do this on a regular basis so my disks are never in a bad state.

What I did do was try a few defrag programs one after the other. So, if the disk is actually in a great condition then the progs will run fast and find very little?

WRONG!

They all seem to take their own sweet time to to the job and the user panel shows a lot of activity. So what are they doing?

Do they all have different algorithms? Do they just go through the motions to prove how could they are supposed to be? I have yet to find a program which will unload a heap of files in one go and rewrite them, totally sequentially, so there is no defragmentation at all. OK, I am aware that access defrag is another matter.

So just what are the criteria used by the programs and which is mooted as best?

M

They are defragging and optimizing your system... It takes a lot to do that. thats why they take so long even without fragments. besides, it immediately starts to fragment after you defrag. and you should only stick with one. either JKDefrag or IObit defrag. They optimise differently. If you dont do much installs, you should defrag it every one or two months.

To defrag or, not to defrag. Now, that is the every day question, right?

They are defragging and optimizing your system... It takes a lot to do that. thats why they take so long even without fragments. besides, it immediately starts to fragment after you defrag. and you should only stick with one. either JKDefrag or IObit defrag. They optimise differently. If you dont do much installs, you should defrag it every one or two months.

Is Avira, an Antivirus suite of programs:?:

Look if it has an AntiSpyware included also. You might not need any of all the other Spyware detectors. Is Defender, your main Firewall program:?: If not, you might encounter some serious conflicts. If so, good work.

Trust me on this one, you need only ISD 1.0 to do that continuous background process of defragging the HD. It is like, it monitors every actions, that windows does to the main Hard-Drive.

:idea:

Archived