IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Advanced SystemCare 6

itobe

I Hate Advanced SystemCare Pro 6 Interface

I just downloaded the new upgrade and won't be using until you bring back the ability to display it in full screen so that I can see all the details of the Registry Entries it wants to fix. I don't understand why you've changed this. I am not going to waste time hovering over each and every item to try and read the details to determine whether or not I want to delete an item.

Advanced users like me are not going to be happy with this new restrictive layout.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi cabogal! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

I agree with you on this...

so that I can see all the details of the Registry Entries it wants to fix
There is a work around in the toolbox... though a user shouldn't have to work around.:shock:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long abd prosper!

What is the Full Screen Display Workaround?

I agree with you on this... There is a work around in the toolbox... though a user shouldn't have to work around.:shock:

Melvin,

Could you please Explain the workaround? I tried finding it in Toolbox System Settings but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I'm going to unistall this and go back to the old version if I can't find a fix because it always finds over 1000 reg entries it wants to delete. I've been there and done that before and learned my lesson with a registry cleaner and ended up trashing my computer. I hadn't done a full back up so it took weeks to restore the darn thing. Now I am extremely careful and only delete things I know won't harm my system because a lot of experts tell you to leave the registry alone.

Hi cabogal!

Enoskype is correct concerning the toolbox and a workaround.:-D

You can always revert to the earlier version.;-)

Using all the functions of ASC several times a day isn't advisable anyway. (even if carefully tailored within your settings it is certainly unnecessary)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi cabogal, enoskype and Melvin...

...so that I can see all the details of the Registry Entries it wants to fix. I don't understand why you've changed this. I am not going to waste time hovering over each and every item to try and read the details to determine whether or not I want to delete an item.

I agree with you on this... There is a work around in the toolbox... though a user shouldn't have to work around.:shock:

I think the workaround Mel mentions is to run Registry Cleaner tool in the Toolbox of ASC6.

All the high and low rated registry entries can be seen in full screen there.

Enoskype is correct concerning the toolbox and a workaround.:-D

I also agree with cabogal :mrgreen:

And on Windows 2000 it's even worse:

I have to try and read the details without the use of the scrollbars. They are not there!! :roll:

@enoskype: The Registry Cleaner tool is not available in the free version. :cry:

@enoskype: The Registry Cleaner tool is not available in the free version. :cry:

Hi jeroen,

Deep Scan and Cleaning of Registry is not available in the free version of ASC 6 either!!!:lol:

Rest is considered as safe to delete anyway. :-D

BTW, It was only an idea of a workaround!!!

Cheers.

ASC v6 Does not work with XP

ASC v6 Does not work with XP. When you try to use it, the UI just hangs after starting the scan process. I had to revert back to v5. This software is not ready for prime time -- sorry but there it is.

Hi Jeroen!

I also agree with cabogal :mrgreen:

And on Windows 2000 it's even worse:

I have to try and read the details without the use of the scrollbars. They are not there!! :roll:

As I don't have even ASC6 free or pro anymore but am concerned with the testing of ASC Ultimate which required the uninstall of 6 (and have only one machine)... this is very helpful and useful information to many members and visitors here. Thank you!!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi BC8320! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

ASC v6 Does not work with XP. When you try to use it, the UI just hangs after starting the scan process. I had to revert back to v5. This software is not ready for prime time -- sorry but there it is.

It is unfortunate that you are having difficulties with ASC6 as it is XP compatable.

I bet a clean install will fix your problems. You will find the guidelines here and here.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I apologize for not being more clear!

Apologies Jeroen and Enoskype,

It is the tool within the newest release of the standalone Iobit toolbox available here that will offer the relief.:-D

Even though the screenshot of MG shows beta, the download is now v.1.2 non beta.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10658&d=1351381718

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

It is unfortunate that you are having difficulties with ASC6 as it is XP compatable.

I bet a clean install will fix your problems. You will find the guidelines here and here.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

What a messy uninstall process--- why doesn't the uninstall process take care of all that? Very bad design. Time to look for a registry cleaner written by professionals.

What a messy uninstall process--- why doesn't the uninstall process take care of all that? Very bad design. Time to look for a registry cleaner written by professionals.
http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-char-023.gif

Please elaborate on the uninstall process you are referring to?

why doesn't the uninstall process....
If you refer to the clean install guidelines then you will understand that the built in uninstallers don't always work as they should and require additional attention... this is across the board to all softwares. (some are better than others).

So please elaborate.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

• 2 weeks later...

performance monitor

I have difficulty viewing the performance monitor because it is so dark and cannot easily be seen. There should be a way to change the color or brighten it like the other skins in this IObit V6 Pro. It's not very useful is it can hardly be read.

i love asc 6

i love asc 6.0 it gives me everything i need free except antivirus. it keeps my computer clean and fast. which is good considering i use my laptop for school. i would love to get the full version. thank you guys for everything have a great day.

1000% The Best There Is!

ASC6 is the best of its type I have ever come across. I love the smiley face that shows how good or bad my computers shape is in - how simple! No other cleaner/optimizer has and ever will match Iobits. I will use your tools to the end of time. Absolutely brilliant. :grin:

I was away for a few weeks and a friend stayed and was using my computers. Well, when I got back and turned on my machines, they were sluggish, slow and in a bad way. I checked ASC and they were both poorly. I run scans on both and now they are back to life again with a boom! :grin:

Your tools are The Best by miles. I cannot praise enough!

Anyway, Thanks and keep up the Fantastic work you are doing :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Iobit 6

These people really know what they are doing. This is the best product on the market. They are also helpfull and generous to ther subscribers. :lol:

Please keep up the good work.

EDIT: I have moved this post from Other Software, as it applies to an Iobit Product,

• 3 weeks later...

Performance Monitor Suggestion

I've been using ASC since version 3 and have always been extremely satisfied with the product but the performance monitor has a few display kinks that need worked out.

1) If you position the performance monitor at the bottom of the screen as a bar in "hide details" mode, unhide the details, then rehide them, the bar remains in the middle of the screen instead of repositioning itself to it's prior location.

2) You cannot move the performance monitor to a secondary screen on a dual monitor setup. I can move ASC and Smart Defrag to a secondary screen but the "performance monitor" program refuses to leave my laptop screen.

Neither of these are big issues, they are just aesthetically annoying. :mrgreen:

I've been using ASC since version 3 and have always been extremely satisfied with the product but the performance monitor has a few display kinks that need worked out.

1) If you position the performance monitor at the bottom of the screen as a bar in "hide details" mode, unhide the details, then rehide them, the bar remains in the middle of the screen instead of repositioning itself to it's prior location.

2) You cannot move the performance monitor to a secondary screen on a dual monitor setup. I can move ASC and Smart Defrag to a secondary screen but the "performance monitor" program refuses to leave my laptop screen.

Neither of these are big issues, they are just aesthetically annoying. :mrgreen:

Hi slammin, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Both are very good suggestions, I hope IObit will consider them in their future updates.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...

This really bugs me

Why oh why does ASC6 Pro always fail to download Smart Defrg 2. This is very annoying because then I get mad and go directly to the Smart Defrag 2 site or cnet to get it.

I have many computers and these delays cost me and my IT Dept. days to fix 7 laptops 14 desktops 21 Samsung Pads. and 1000's of customers asking me why so they bring there computer in and we fix them for free, you can imangine how much this cost me.

I love this software but this bug is really getting expensive

P.S. This has only come about lately free or Pro doesn't matter