IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

game booster crashing my game?

I use game booster for my gaming alot of the time now, but I used it for age of empires, and now sometimes (I'm not even running hot when it does it) I will just all of the sudden lock up then shut down, just like that, in just 3 seconds, I shut down when it locks up

I AM NOT RUNNING HOT, I have overheating problems with my computer because of the fan being defective, but I checked into that, I even shut down my avg for gaming (I reboot and turn it back on when I am done playing) but since I started to use game booster beta for this particular game, even though it dont really need it, It helps with the overheating problem, I don't even run above 150f (I only run hotter if I've been using it for a couple of days) I have reinstalled gamebooster, I have reinstalled the game, I keep crashing randomly, I'm afraid to tear up my system, why am I crashing? I hope this is just a coinsidance, but NONE of my other games crash like THIS, if they crash, its to the desk top, but I never crash, not on old games, this game only requires 32 mbs of ram, I am MORE than capable of running it, I just use game booster to keep the system resources in check. what is wrong with this? Please help me. I have been playing this game perfect for months, now it just started when I used gamebooster for the first time with it.

:-?

hi cmjf0013,

Is the version you are using GB 3.5 beta? If it's not, we advise you to install it on your computer to see how it works. Here is the link to download Game Booster 3.5 beta.

http://www.freenew.net/windows/game-booster-3-5-beta/545118.htm

I am using the beta actually, is there something wrong with the BETA? like should I try the other version?

Hi cmjf0013,

We need more information to look into this issue.

1. Will this problem appear if you play age of empires without GB 3.5 beta?

2. Please make some screenshots of GB3 Configure screen when the problem appears and then send them to us for further check.

Here are the instructions:

1. Run age of empires

2. Click Configure button at the bottom left of GameBox screen of GB3.

3. Click Maximize icon on the top right of the screen. Here is a screenshot for your reference.

4. Click "Processes" to show the whole list under it and then make a screenshot of the list.

5. Use the same way to make screenshots of "Unnecessary Services" screen, "Non-Windows Services" screen and "Others" screen separately.

Guide for taking screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Meltdown

Im using game booster 3.5 beta,and it has a temperature monitoring bug,It shows me that my CPU is 12C(53.6 F) which is impossible cuz my room temp is at least 26C.It also shows me that videocard is incredibly "42000C (75,632F)".:shock:http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10087&stc=1&d=1341185616-NOT PHOTOSHOPED.Pic shows 42C for CPU but at this moment it's actually 12.

Hi cmjf0013,

We need more information to look into this issue.

1. Will this problem appear if you play age of empires without GB 3.5 beta?

2. Please make some screenshots of GB3 Configure screen when the problem appears and then send them to us for further check.

Here are the instructions:

1. Run age of empires

2. Click Configure button at the bottom left of GameBox screen of GB3.

3. Click Maximize icon on the top right of the screen. Here is a screenshot for your reference.

4. Click "Processes" to show the whole list under it and then make a screenshot of the list.

5. Use the same way to make screenshots of "Unnecessary Services" screen, "Non-Windows Services" screen and "Others" screen separately.

Guide for taking screenshot: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

I have bandicam, I'll snap a pic of it with that, tonight, though, I have crashed 6 times now, all day, now its even on the internet that its crashing, also, its NOT showing me a temp, the member who commented after you, I think I might have or something I'll show you a snap shot of it tomorrow, when I can actually keep in on for longer than 10 minutes, sometimes I can play for several hours, and I think its heat related, I run hot because my fan is going out, it HAS crashed because of heat, but never like this, I stopped using it thinking maybe that running is actually hurting it by making it run hotter, but thats not sounding right... I haven't gotten bad crashes like this, and I can't take a snap shot when the problem happens, because the computer SHUTS OFF, so I think its heat related, but I will show you what I have tomorrow morining when she's sat overnight and can cool down, I am actually trying not to crash while writing this message.

see you tomorrow morning

these are the screens

I have disabled the avg firewall, and the bandicam/ firefox, they were only open because I was showing you them, I don't have them running, and in the case of the last one, I don't have a temp reading, I USED too, but not now, I think the firewall was overheating my system, now all I have running form avg is the watch dog service, thanks in advance, I am not sure what else to do, and I believe I did everything you asked for, also, you said run age of empires 2, if I run it, it starts up, BUT I can go strait back to desktop to show you what it does, if thats what you meant, thanks

I downloaded "pcbooster" and that sped it up alot, I turned off the fire wall from avg, I'm running default, BUT I still have the online safety thing on, so I'm safe while surfing the web, and since I did all that, I have gamebooster beta 3.5 TURNED OFF, for the moment, and online, while typing this message, I have 351 mbs of ram left, this is the most I have ever seen on this computer while online, while off the internet, I had 88% of my ram left, thats 407 mbs of ram left, and when I tried the game again, I got it to run with out crashes, I'm in front of an ac when I play, and I also used gamebooster to defrag the actually games, so I'm amazed that this worked, before I used gamebooster to defrag the games, I still lagged, now that i am no longer lagging, this is the best I have ever had this computer run before, thanks guys, problem solved, I think that with everything running, it just got too hot, and when I ran gamebooster on top of everything else, the temp just jumped, so thanks for the help, I had gotten some ideas about this, I solved the smart defrag problem, I solved the temp problem, the virus problem, the lag problems and even the internet connection problem where I had very little mbs for speed, thanks Iobit, I think I'm done tinkering with this old thing, I think this is the best I can get her now, :mrgreen: yall have a great day, I'll tell yall the new specs when I get my new gaming pc and see what I need to download to keep it safe, bye guys :>

Archived