IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC with AV 2013 annoyances

My new laptop came with discounted copy of Bitdefender IS 2012 and I purchased ASC with AV 2013 before I knew about this.

It all works fine, no problem, and real-time protection is disabled which is explainable. Only an annoyance, but the red icon covering the ASC image in the taskbar is disturbing. Is there a way I can disable the red exclamation mark, because if I ignore it I might not realise if it is a critical issue, and checking every couple of minutes will be annoying.

Also, will BD IS 2012 and ASC with AV 2013 be incompatible, even if real-time protection is disabled?

Another problem, which I have had since my old PC with ASC, IObit uninstaller detects Sandboxie 3.72 (64bit)(x64) as 5.72 GBs.

Hi SkyJP, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

With the existing configuration of ASC w A/V, you can not disable the red exclamation mark unless you turn on real-time protection.

I don't think they will be incompatible if you have installed ASC w A/V in compatibility mode. EDIT: So we all learn from Cicely's following post that they are incompatible.

BTW, you will be surprized if you check the space on the disk allocated to sandboxie related files/folders. So it is not abnormal to see that much size.

Cheers.

(Sorry for a late reply)

Thanks for stating that out. I managed to obtain an early refund by BitDefender.

As you mean it uses BitDefender's engine, would this mean that the efficiency, virus databases and accurate scanning would be included in this product?

In other words, will ASC with AV 2013 include all of/mostly BitDefender's technology? I was a great fan of BD previously and ASC 5 pro, and having them combined into one would make things easier.

(Sorry for a late reply)

Thanks for stating that out. I managed to obtain an early refund by BitDefender.

As you mean it uses BitDefender's engine, would this mean that the efficiency, virus databases and accurate scanning would be included in this product?

In other words, will ASC with AV 2013 include all of/mostly BitDefender's technology? I was a great fan of BD previously and ASC 5 pro, and having them combined into one would make things easier.

Yes. We use their latest engine.

Archived