IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Best Antivirus

@Brian...

Welcome to the Forum!

Brian, I've been using Avast 7 Home Pro and are extremely happy with it. Some use Antivir because they say it has a SLIGHTLY better detection rate. I guess it all comes down to who you prefer of the good ones. In my case,I don't want bloat (Nortons) and I want less resource usage while being proactively quick.

Avast! 7 Home suits the bill for me! :-D

-Cowboy

Well,Avast is too good for its work..I used it from a long time.. <a target="_new" href="http://www.free-antivirus.co">free antivirus</a>

HI Brian Andrew... Welcome to the Iobit forums!

Not sure what you mean by posting this but agreed Avast is good A/V. There is no perfect A/V. For protection you must cover as many angles as you can.

Well,Avast is too good for its work..I used it from a long time.. <a target="_new" href="http://www.free-antivirus.co">free antivirus</a>

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Avira does not have the "slightly higher" thing going on anymore, but that is some people's opinion of course. Since 2009, Norton wiped away their history of being a bloatware product. This is no longer an excuse to not install their product because it is indeed very light.

Just for starters,look at the SIZE of their install package... ;-). How come you didn't mention resource usage? To each their own,but there are MANY detractors out there! :-)

Over priced, overrated,and simply cannot compete with even some freeware AV's.... :-P

-Cowboy

Avira does not have the "slightly higher" thing going on anymore, but that is some people's opinion of course. Since 2009, Norton wiped away their history of being a bloatware product. This is no longer an excuse to not install their product because it is indeed very light.

I am an avid gamer. I need a virus protection solution that will not slowdown my rig. I have used registered versions of almost all internet security suites. Those who say that Norton is bloated are living in the past. 10-20 years in the past. I have been using Norton 360 for 3 years now. It is without question the lightest feeling, left intrusive, and best protecting product I have ever used.

Well,Near to me Avira is too good..< Link Removed >

Edit: This is the second time you have come to this forum just to add a link to (I guess) your website but you take no part in the discussion. If you continue to do this I will have no choice but to ban you from the forum

Well,Near to me Avira is too good..< Link Removed >

Two things you should know:

1) Try not to base your opinions off top-10 sites such as that one, and the reviews/top AV may be false because they recieved cash from that vendor. I recommend looking at AV-C, PCMag, and/or youtube tests just to get an idea but never base your choices off of them. You always want to trial the software yourself and ask others about their experiences. Keep in mind nothing is 100%.

2) There truly is no such thing as "the best" antivirus but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have no intention in changing your opinion, but I hope my information helps you (or someone else) in the near future if you go AV shopping. :)

Edit: I have removed the link from the Quote, see the post above for an explanation

Spammer

First there was this:

Edit: This is the second time you have come to this forum just to add a link to (I guess) your website but you take no part in the discussion. If you continue to do this I will have no choice but to ban you from the forum

Then this:

I just did a deep search of Brian Andrew and found he is a known spammer :evil: Therefore, Brian Andrew has left the building, never to return.

Carry on with your discussion :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived