IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A few bugs of IGB 3.5b

I noticed a few bug of IGB 3.5b and I would like to share them with you, in the hope that they will be fixed in the next version, some of these should have been observed before, however I will reshare them.

Bug1:Icon disappears

Reason:Unknown?

Fix:Create new shortcut.

Bug2:Temperature is not displayed

Reason:Unknown?

Fix:n/a so far

To Reproduce: Find a mac with intel, install win 7 64 bit and IGB 3.5b.

Bug3:Game box button needs to be pushed twice to visit that screen

Bug4**Critical:

When boosting an file that starts low low-integrity process/es the process that is boosted crashes .

Reason: ? maybe communication between the low-integrity processes with higher-integrity process (IGB is flawed? maybe the application hook is blocked by win 7or maybe they shared memory is read only for boosted process?)

Fix:Change it to a higher-integrity process(possible fix has worked on one exe)

To reproduce:.....

Now that is all, no 4 is very frustrating, idk if the hook is the problem, maybe, but as for now just resetting the exe to high works

LOL xD

Hi luo_andrew,

Sorry for the inconvenience! :sad:

Regarding the first bug, do you mean the icon of GB 3.5 beta disappeares on your desktop?

Regarding the 4th bug, would you please kindly let us know that file's name so that we can test it?

Regarding other bugs you mentioned, I have reported them to our engineers. I will update the post when there is result from them.

Thanks in advance!;-)

yea, on the desktop and the start menu, regarding the 4th one I think I was rendering in Blender and I set it to low manually(just to play around?) or maybe it was sth else, anyway it worked fine without GB 3.5b, I don't think it was really Blender, as a common low integrity process try flash 11.3 in Firefox, I don't have flash but the same *should* happen if you try to boost firefox.exe(was that the name for the exe?) and open a flash file,they say it's a low-integrity process and you can adjust it with admin rights using notepad

reference:

http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/inside-flash-player-protected-mode-for-firefox.html

http://techlogon.com/2012/06/10/early-problems-with-flash-player-protected-mode-in-firefox-13/

try that one, the same should happen, if it does it really might mean GB does not work with low-integrity processes.

Hi luo_andrew,

Regarding the first three bugs, please clean install GB 3.5 beta to see how it works. You can view how to clean install the program here.

Regarding the 4th bug, we are wondering whether the problem will appear again if you run those programs which are set as low-integrity process/es without GB 3.5 beta. Please kindly note that not all application programs will run properly in a low-integrity process.

Archived