IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB v3.5b - Odd "Zooming" Glitch

Hello, I recently installed GB 3 in hopes of improving my gaming experience, but I cannot ignore the problem I have been dealing with lately. It's a bit odd, I know, and I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but I will try my best: usually, I have GB 3 applied to one of the games I usually play, like L.A. Noire, but if I decide to end the game suddenly, I (more likely than not) start to notice something strange once I am brought back to my Desktop. First, I see a flicker, something you'd usually see after exiting a 3D game, I guess, but when I start hold my cursor over anything, it zooms in on that object (for example, the start button, or anything else I can click), I probably started experiencing this after I applied some tasks through GB to help improve performance while gaming, but I'm still not sure whether that is the issue or not. I usually have to restart my system to fix this glitch. Like I said, it's an odd occurrence, but I'm not sure what is causing it, much less how to deal with it, and that's why I'm requesting assistance. If there is any further information I need to include, please say so, and I hope that someone can help determine the cause of this problem. Thank you for your cooperation.

when I start hold my cursor over anything, it zooms in on that object

What do mean by Zooms-In?

Is the screen Resolution changing in only a portion of the monitor?

Or are you saying the mouse-pointer is changing in some way?

Maybe if you could do a Screen-capture and attach it here,

we could better understand what you are seeing?

I first guess would be something like a 'sticking' or 'too sensitive' mouse Button,

so I would try another Mouse or Trackball, to see if it does the same thing.

I'm not sure if I'm able to post a screenshot, but let me to describe it more thoroughly: after the game is closed, I would try to hover the cursor over something, like an icon on the desktop, but the image of it is zoomed in to a squished-fit version of the image that occupies the entire screen, and it would do the same to anything else I'm able to click on. If I clicked outside of the area, like an empty space on the desktop, the space is revealed in the shape of a square, then I have to move the cursor around the surrounding emptiness to reveal more of my desktop. At times, I've tried to refresh the screen, but that would make the Taskbar appear to flash; from a white space back to normal, and nothing would have changed other than that. I hope this information can help determine the problem, and thank you again.

Hi jasonpwalker. Welcome here!

It sounds like some of the processes of your game remain running even though you have shut it down.

Also are you a new user of GB? You are currently running 3.5.

Q? If you restart and NOT run the GB do you not have this problem... ? I am assuming the answer is no or else you wouldn't be posting here.

Also please elaborate on this:

but if I decide to end the game suddenly
What do you mean by ending the game suddenly? Do you mean that you are not allowing GB to exit itself properly and just shutting it down?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I am not a gamer either Toppack:wink:.

It sounds like some of the processes of your game remain running even though you have shut it down.

Also are you a new user of GB? You are currently running 3.5.

Q? If you restart and NOT run the GB do you not have this problem... ? I am assuming the answer is no or else you wouldn't be posting here.

Also please elaborate on this:What do you mean by ending the game suddenly? Do you mean that you are not allowing GB to exit itself properly and just shutting it down?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I am not a gamer either Toppack:wink:.

I believe you may be right about the process continuing to run, and about ending the game: I may either be forced to ALT-F4 it at times, but I usually just quit through a traditional menu. Also, I believe I was able to capture a screenshot of what my problem looks like, here's the link:

http://i46.tinypic.com/23ht72d.png

Hi again jasonpwalker.

That is so very strange and previously unreported I believe.

If you are a new user of GB or this problem occurred immediately after an update, you may have a corrupt install.

Try a clean install of the newest version. Here and here are some guidelines for doing a clean install... the procedure is the same for GB. It is important to delete any GB related folders after the uninstall... even if they appear to be empty. The newest non-beta version of GB is available here. (I see that you were using the beta test version of 3.5)

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived