IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hello! New here.

Hi, I was wondering about the new antivirus that comes with the Advanced System Care suite, and I have some questions: 1.How was it developed? 2.Should I use it instead of the more popular Anti-Virus software (or should I say older...)?

Edit: I am using the free version. I decided to use it because of a problem I encountered with some other AV Software, it kept asking me to restart after an update. I reinstalled it with the same result, only to find myself with more issues at hand.

Hello,

That is an Unfair question to ask on this website,

since it is dedicated to help with IObit software,

such as ASC and ASC/AV. :wink:

The other AV software products are produced by other companies.

We do not want to be Negative about anyone's good programs. :-D

Hello,

That is an Unfair question to ask on this website,

since it is dedicated to help with IObit software,

such as ASC and ASC/AV. :wink:

The other AV software is produced by other companies.

Hello, I did not intend to ask questions related to the other AV software, I was just trying to ask if ASC's AV is enough to keep my PC safe (using Malware Fighter at the same time) .

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Personally I have not installed ASC/AV yet.

I was waiting a month or so until they have made sure all the bugs are worked out,

since it is fairly New package. 8-)

I have been reading Good reports about it, in the last few days.

ASC alone is a Tried & True utility package though.

Hi andreii707, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 is good anti virus program using BitDefender engine packed together with Advanced SystemCare. It is good enough to keep your PC safe together with IMF.

IObit Malware Fighter is a good companion as an anti spyware-malware softare to ASC w A/V.

Other A/V programs that you have mentioned are good anti virus programs also.

I have been using ASC wA/V together with IMF since day one and I am quite happy with the combination.

Only glitch I had upto now is that Windows Action Center warns me from time to time that it is not turned on when infact it is protecting my PC in real-time.

The con is that, although it is very reasonably priced if you want to use it real-time, it is not a free A/V program like some others. Taking into account of ASC Pro being paid, that is acceptable.

Cheers.

Hello, I did not intend to ask questions related to the other AV software, I was just trying to ask if ASC's AV is enough to keep my PC safe (using Malware Fighter at the same time) .

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

We do know ASC W AV uses the same AV engine as Bid Defender which is continually ranked at or near the top in AV malware comparative tests.

You can also run ASC w AV in the compatibility mode, no real time scanning but on with demand and scheduled scanning. That is how I use ASC w AV. Remember ASC w AV includes ASC Pro which is one of the highest if not highest ranked Windows utility programs.

Interestingly enough I rarely run a scan with my my real-time AV program but I do run scan at least daily with ASC w AV. I have kept my real-time AV program it is part of an Internet Security Suite and includes things like Firewall, Safe on line banking, sandbox ability, anti-spam features etc. So I keep it and double check its AV success with ASC w AV because I think ASC w AV is a better AV program. It works for me. I also use Noscript, IMF Pro and SAS Pro which I find do a good job in helping to keep my computer secure. From all indications this combo works just fine on my W8-RP x64 computers.:smile:

I trust IObit, it really did a good job, the best thing I find about ASC is the ease of using it. I heard the incorporated AV was developed in a partenership (correct me if I am wrong) with Bitdefender. What I heard from some people is that Bitdefender takes a good chunk out of a PC's resources, but, after monitoring performance for a bit, I noticed ASC is not that "hungry".

Thank you for the replyes :-D

(I also tested this on a friend's PC)

If you are referring to IMF when you said MF you could be right

IMF Pro still generates the Allow/Dis-Allow popup even with ASC w AV when ASC w AV is not in the real-time mode. Does ASC w AV in real-time mode warn on potentially dangerous changes to the Registry? I am still seeing an occasional Blocked item under System in IMF Pro even with ASC w AV running. Of course that could be because I am not using ASC w AV in the real-time mode.

Does ASC w AV in the real-time mode warn on potentially dangerous changes to the Registry?

Archived