IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Secondary login disabled

After running deep care with all items selected, my ability to start a program using "run as" command does not work. I have to go to My Computer>Manage>Services and Applications>services. Right click "secondary login">properties. Click "apply", set startup type to automatic, click enable.

This happens each time I run "deep care".

don

[Edit] by melvin_deal: I have combined your threads Don. Sorry the problem wasn't resolved previously!

Hi dfrancois01,

Sorry for the delay.

You said "run as" command does not work, did you select current user or other user to run it? Was there any relevant error message appear?

After Deep Care, would you please describe what was the change of secondary login? Did the start mode and current state change too?

Thanks a lot.

I normally operate as a "limited access" user. I have a couple of programs that must be run as an "administrator" user. I do this by right clicking the icon shortcut and clicking on "run as". I then select the user with administrator privileges and open the program. Sometimes after running "deep clean" with everything selected , this operation fails. I get a message that says I can't open this program, I should switch to the administrator mode.

When I follow the procedure to enable "secondary login" outlined in my original post, it all works fine again.

I tried to duplicate this today without success. It has failed many times in the past after doing a "deep clean".

Don

• 1 month later...

Secondary login disabled

I have XP pro.

After I perform a "Deep Care", secondary login is disabled. I normally run in the "Limited User" mode, but I have some programs which require that I use the "Run As" selection and run them in the admin mode. I have to switch to the admin user account, right click on "My Computer", click on "Management" > "Services". Right click on "Secondary Logon" and "Enable". It will now function properly until the next time I perform a "Deep Care".

Don

Hi dfrancois01.

Try unticking these settings one at a time to see if they are the culprit. Try MS Management console first, then Windows Defender second.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10142&d=1341777588

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

Try unticking the entire windows section to rule it out. These settings are in both the Quick and Deep care section so also make sure that you are running the scan that applies to the settings you are selecting.

If that does it then you will have to rule all the Windows options one by one.

If it doesn't do it then try this setting:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10143&d=1341787210

If that doesn't work then I'm clueless and we will have to wait for others to post.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum :smile:

...I have to switch to the admin user account, right click on "My Computer", click on "Management" > "Services". Right click on "Secondary Logon" and "Enable". It will now function properly until the next time I perform a "Deep Care"....

Enable Secondary Logon as above then run a Deep Scan but don't Repair yet. Do you see any Problems in the System Optimization section?

If yes, click on Show Details and look for an item related to Secondary Logon

Right click on the item and choose Ignore

All the best, woz of oz

Hi dfrancois01

Just as wozofoz said, please do not repair the problems in the System Optimization section, click Show details, find Optimize seclogon service to increase performance and right click it, then select Ignore this problem.

Please see the attachment.

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Enable Secondary Logon as above then run a Deep Scan but don't Repair yet. Do you see any Problems in the System Optimization section?

If yes, click on Show Details and look for an item related to Secondary Logon

Right click on the item and choose Ignore

All the best, woz of oz

Doing the above corrected the problem, but would have to be repeated each time.

Does this give you a clue as to what might be disabled to prevent this?

....Does this give you a clue as to what might be disabled to prevent this?

Cicely answered that Optimize seclogon service to increase performance is the item you need to Ignore

Just as wozofoz said, please do not repair the problems in the System Optimization section, click Show details, find Optimize seclogon service to increase performance and right click it, then select Ignore this problem.

Please see the attachment.

Doing the above corrected the problem, but would have to be repeated each time......

If you follow the instructions given by Cicely then Optimize seclogon service to increase performance will not be changed when you do any future scans

All the best, woz of oz

Secondary login disabled

I have removed all of the checkmarks from each of the following segments. I didn't remove all segments at one time, but one at a time. Nothing fixed the problem with secondary login.

System Optimization.

Auto Clean

Reg fix

Privacy sweep

junk files clean

Auto Care

Each time I run "deep clean" secondary login is disabled.

Don

Hi dfrancois01.

This is a previously unreported problem. I am curious if you did the clean install as Enoskype suggested? Also, if you look in your ignore list are the items remaining there after you place them there?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

....Does this give you a clue as to what might be disabled to prevent this?

In your User Profile it says Windows XP so go to:

• Start

• Control Panel

• Administrative Tools

• Services

Look for Secondary Logon, in the Startup Type column it pprobably says Disabled or Manual

• Right click on Secondary Logon

• Select Properties

• In the General tab there is a section called Startup Type change this to Automatic

• Click Apply

• Click OK

If Secondary Logon service is stopped you can start the service

All the best, woz of oz

Cicely answered that Optimize seclogon service to increase performance is the item you need to Ignore

If you follow the instructions given by Cicely then Optimize seclogon service to increase performance will not be changed when you do any future scans

All the best, woz of oz

You are correct. That will be my solution.

Don

Archived