IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Shutdown !

I hope No one on this forum gets disconnected from Internet.

I think I'll leave our computers turned Off until I get the word, on TV,

that everything is back to Normal tomorrow, 7/9/12

At 12:01 a.m. EDT, the FBI planned to shut down the Internet servers set up as a temporary safety net to keep infected computers online for the past eight months. The court order the agency obtained to keep the servers running expired, and it was not renewed.

The problem began when international hackers ran an online advertising scam to take control of more than 570,000 infected computers around the world. When the FBI went in to take down the hackers late last year, agents realized that if they turned off the malicious servers being used to control the computers, all the victims would lose their Internet service.

In a highly unusual move, the FBI set up the safety net. The bureau brought in a private company to install two clean Internet servers to take over for the malicious servers so that people would not suddenly lose their Internet.

See Info:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/07/08/users-need-to-to-check-computer-for-malware-or-risk-losing-internet/?intcmp=features

To all members and visitors -- for protection.

Please see this site if you want to make sure you are not infected or affected.

Here is a handy link to test if you are infected. No software will be downloaded.

If you want to make absolutely sure you are not infected... this Avira tool is very small and light and is among the recommended fixes.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

P.S. I am putting the word dnschanger here since so many are googling it that way.

Archived